We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Solaris and Royal Solaris

Indiana
Level Contributor
41 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Solaris and Royal Solaris

I'm confused. Are these two separate resorts? I assume they are together and you can enjoy the amenities at each. I am staying at the Royal and travel agent has it as a 5*, but most of these posts show 3.5*. Please help out on that issue, too.

Level Contributor
4,562 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Solaris and Royal Solaris

bump

Level Contributor
4,562 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Solaris and Royal Solaris

Are there mini bars/fridges at the Royal?

Do you get bottled water at the Royal?

Thanks

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,818 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Solaris and Royal Solaris

The GR Solaris and the Royal Solaris are indeed "2" separate resorts but are sister resorts in that they are owned by the same Mexican company. The Royal Solaris is in itself is two resorts combined, the Royal Tower and the Caribe Tower. The RS, once an upper end resort in Cancun in its heyday is probably akin to a good, solid 3.5-4 star resort these days by most people's standards of rating on a 1-5 basis with an exception for high end luxury resorts like the Ritz.

In previous visits to both resorts, there was reciprocal privileges for guests at both resorts, a short distance away, from each other via free shuttles ran by the Hotel.

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,818 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Solaris and Royal Solaris

Zeeka, from my understanding, Club Solaris Members and RCI Trades have the stocked mini fridge in the room at no additional charge but regular hotel guests, particularly in the Royal Tower do not. However, I have read and heard that this sometimes can be a hit or miss situation for non members, meaning sometimes the extra is included free of charge, sometimes not.

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,818 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Solaris and Royal Solaris

Zeeka~the Bottled Water is part of the mini fridge situation as applicable above from my understanding, if staying at the resort, I'd request the mini fridge at possible upon check in. Rooms with the mini fridge do indeed have stocked bottled water.

chicago
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Solaris and Royal Solaris

Dangers,

We stayed at the royal solaris 2 years ago and loved it. The staff was so nice and the pool area was great. The rooms and food were pretty good, but probably could have been better. We are looking at going again, this time taking our 5 and 3 year old girls, but I'm a little concerned that it may have gone downhill a bit since we were last there based upon the reviews I have read. What do you think?

Indiana
Level Contributor
41 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Solaris and Royal Solaris

Thanks for all of your help. If one wants to snorkel, should you book through the hotel or do something independent from it? We are also intererested in the ATV/boat package through jungle. Anyone know anything about it. I appreciate any and all input.

Level Contributor
4,562 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Solaris and Royal Solaris

Thanks Dangers... I'm in pickle out here..

These 2 resorts are within reason. I'm just puzzled over an AI not having bottled water for the guests..??.. Which is better for going solo?? I like outdoor breakfast and lunch. Does either have a late nite club?

If I'm not mistaken you prefer the Grand. What are your reasons??

Thanx again.... appreciate your comments.

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,818 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Solaris and Royal Solaris

Paulmic~ The Royal Solaris if anything is in better shape than she was two years ago with post hurricane Wilma renovations and the return of many of the old management team that made the resort the high end service favorite she's been known for, for years. I've been there twice since Wilma and the resort was in good shape and management and guests were beaming over the new work done.

If you have any serious issues, usually a short meeting with one of their Hotel manager's like Francisco, will have it solved in short order if the request is reasonable.

Some of the recent problems/complaints I've heard back here in the States refer to people whom agreed to discounted trips with the proviso they do the Time-Share presentation, then balking at the TS setup on arrival, hence being charged a higher rate and doing some serious whining about it. The other, the Hotel seemed to have some complaints when operating at near 100% occupancy over the holiday season, while no excuse, creates a strain on services and the availability of their best rooms.

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,818 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Solaris and Royal Solaris

IndyK~ The Hotel has its own travel agency on site with representatives available to show you pictures, give you advice and book the trips on the spot for you.

AquaWorld, one of the biggest snorkel/water trip/jungle trip operators in Cancun also has an on-site agency as does Apple/Funjet etc.

I don't recommend Jungle Based/Lagoon Tours because the Lagoon is polluted and many of the tours have the customers exposed to the lagoon waters before arriving in the Punta Nizuc area for snorkeling.

I'd recommend an alternative tour to Punta Maroma, near Puerto Morelos, one of the hotels excursions, Puerto Morelos separately or a tour to Isla Mujeres (for the first timer, veteran visitors, do on your own) or Xel Ha or Xcaret for snorkeling.