We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels for 5 in Cancun

Sandy Hook...
Level Contributor
102 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels for 5 in Cancun

We are thinking of Cancun for our vacation. I would rather have a resort that accomodates 5 to a room rather than adjoining rooms...My children 15, 13, and 12 and I'm resarching for a resort that will have many activities for everyone. This site is great and I'm constantly reading all of the posts and reviews. Thanks, everyone!

Wendy

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
6,636 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels for 5 in Cancun

well, the new Great Parnassus has a family room that has two doubles or one king plus three bunk beds, sounds like that would work for you, eh? Might be worth looking into LOL.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,856 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels for 5 in Cancun

Many people choose to rent a condo/villa instead of a hotel room. You might try the Omni as they have villas, Ambiance Villas or rent a villa from an owner at one of teh Royal Resorts. The website for the resorts is RoyalResorts.com. Rentals are Saturday to Saturday and can be rented through mexicondo.com, mytimesharevacations.com, tug2.net, omcancun.com and more. The villas are 2 bedrooms, living room, dining room, full kitchen and large veranda. They sleep 6 with a master bedroom with a king and private bath and a 2nd bedroom with 2 double beds and then 2 murphy beds in the living room. It's a great layout with big kids. Keeps them close yet has lots of room. The resorts have great pools, swim up bars, beaches with lifeguards and beach service, mini markets on site, restaurants, guest laundry, car rental agencies, travel agency (including airport transfer service for Royals only), and a spa is located at the Royal Sands.

If you have questions, just post them. There are lots of owners here.

Cheryl

Sandy Hook...
Level Contributor
102 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels for 5 in Cancun

Thank you both very much! I'll do some more research on your suggestions.

Wendy

Kansas City
Level Contributor
386 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels for 5 in Cancun

I second Cherylp's advice. My children are 16 and 13 and we rented at the royal resorts quite a few times before purchasing at the Royals Sands. Even though it is a timeshare - there is no pressure to purchase - we never even sat thru a presentation until we decided we should buy because we kept coming back every year. The kids will have their own bathroom which is so nice because you will not feel cramped like in a hotel room. The best part about staying at any of the Royal Resorts is that it is a family environment. Your children will not be around rowdy "spring break-mtv" type behavior. There are activities all day long for everyone.

It is nice to have the full kitchen there - even though I don't cook on vacation - I do like to bring poptarts, etc for the kids because they don't always want to eat every meal out - they like to just grab stuff and head to the beach or pool for the day. The restaurants on the property have kid friendly food - like pizza and tacos. You can even have the food delivered right to your villa. You should be able to find lots of info on this forum regarding the Royal Resorts. Good luck planning your vacation. I'm sure your kids will love cancun!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,856 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels for 5 in Cancun

hockeymom is right. The Royals make it easy for families with big kids. We always lay in a supply of pop and water as well as snackie things for evenings. I am an early riser - even on vacation - and thought i don't like to cook I do love a cup of coffee on the veranda in the early morning. I always pick up a loaf of banana bread in the restaurant take away section and have coffee and banana bread on the veranda while others sleep.

Cheryl

Kansas City
Level Contributor
386 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels for 5 in Cancun

Cheryl - Oh how good that cup of coffee on the veranda sounds right now! June is taking forever to get here!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,856 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels for 5 in Cancun

hockeymom, don't you know it! We leave on March 9th for 2 weeks....Club International and Royal Caribbean. We got 12" of snow last night. Hubby is out snowblowing the driveway and that wall of crap the snowplow left at the end of the driveway. Even the husky wants in......

I am counting the days......

Cheryl

Kansas City
Level Contributor
386 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels for 5 in Cancun

Cheryl, I'm so jealous. Two weeks in a row must be heaven. We are spending spring break in Banff this year - What was I thinking???

Please, have a Banana Monkey for me - or just about anything at happy hour will do!

Enjoy your 2 weeks!

Amy

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,856 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels for 5 in Cancun

Amy,

Thanks! I couldn't spend spring break in Banff.....as beautiful as it is. I need the beach this year. I love Banff - but in the fall and early winter. This time of year.....warm weather and a beach is my need.

We were just at the Royal Islander in December for a week of Christmas shopping. I've been counting the weeks until we could get back. We figured out about 5 years ago that we could stay for 2 weeks at spring break and let our "kiddies" go home alone. I don't know why it took so long, frankly. They're in grad school and weren't living at home then anyway! We just love the family vacation time together but it's no problem to wave goodbye from the front door of the resort while they pile into the Thomas More van to go home.....

So, now, we book 2 weeks for us and 1 week for them. We try to have them come the second week so we're all relaxed when they arrive. Works for us.

Cheryl

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
6,636 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels for 5 in Cancun

Pittfarm,

It really depends on whether you want all-inclusive or European Plan. The Great Parnassus is all-inclusive so all those snacks, soft drinks, etc. are paid for. Also, you don't always have to worry about where you are going to eat.

It is not 100% complete yet, but when it is, it will have a kids club and a teens club for activities. The 15 year old might be too old for that, but the other two would probably enjoy. When are you looking to go?

The Royals are supposed to be very nice, but when you have five to feed, it can get very expensive eating out all the time. Something to think about. We are going to the Great P 3/20-3/27. Will be sure to report back here about our experience.