We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the shot girls of cancun

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
687 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
the shot girls of cancun

I just got back last week from cancun and one of the things that shocked me was the aggressivness of the shot girls

they didnt just walk around and offer

her:want to buy a shot

me: no

her: why not

me: I dont want one

her: then buy me one

me: no

then they get testy

or start shoving it into your mouth and if you buy one they chain pour another 4 into your mouth I actually saw one guy use a chair to keep a shot girl away whats the best way to deal with this without looking like an idiot

PS: I was mostly on the open bar plan so I had no reason to buy them sometimes I did bought them for fun but I feel I have the right to say no

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,217 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: the shot girls of cancun

They can really get annoying, I agree. We finally gave in to one of them at Congos, and bang, bang, bang. I kept holding my mouth shut and she just poured them in. Three I think, then $30. Oh what the heck is that? Actually stopped going there because of that specific incident. Just made me mad.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: the shot girls of cancun

I agree totally-- it is enough to really tick you off. You're just trying to have a good time and they last thing you need is someone trying to rip you off and harrass you. Some people might like it- but if someone says "no thanks" they need to leave you alone. I would definitely avoid a place that does this.

I do think it is better than it was the first couple of times we went to Cancun in the late 90s (or maybe we give off a different vive now or go to different types of places). Either way, those girls drive me just as crazy as the timeshare sharks do...

West Seneca, New...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: the shot girls of cancun

$300 experience at the Corona Lounge 2 years ago..Don't care if they get upset if I say no anymore!!!Shot girl poured whole bottle down my throat then jammed me for 3 hundred, kept trying to wave her off..Paid the money and left..So now I don't even have shots anymore and as I said I don't care how testy they get..

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
427 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: the shot girls of cancun

Elvis.... that's funny stuff. It never ends. They won't go away. Usually they get a few by bugging all night. You know what's more funny.... the dude in the group that thinks the shot girl really likes them..... So funny!

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
687 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: the shot girls of cancun

//You know what's more funny.... the dude in the group that thinks the shot girl really likes them..... So funny!//

hold on thats me...no I am not that stupid

I wanted to believe the lie but just couldnt at one bar the shot girl basically gave me a standing lap dance at the end she even said 'oh good now I can pay my electric bill'

warning to aware of any shot girl without the tag stating the price thats when they really get you

when I went to the bulldog cafe they didnt have shot girls the bartender gave me a speech how if I hand the tip directly to him he will take better care of me then if I put it into the tip box but that was it no other hastles

congos shot girls just ask politly

and daddy rocks wasnt bad

I only got asked once at coco bongo

but daddy o senor frogs etc PAIN IN THE ****

I have been to 5 caribbean island and never had to deal with this crap before

oh well you live and learn

Northeast
Level Contributor
806 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: the shot girls of cancun

Timmmeeee that's you mon ami " aka Horndog"

Toronto
Level Contributor
612 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: the shot girls of cancun

I find that they leave the females alone...I barely get bothered. Unless I am in a group of guys. Cause they think they can rip them off. Most people think they are free, and dont' realize yu have to pay for them. I just always say no

Cancun
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: the shot girls of cancun

Oh the shot girls. Yes, they can be very aggressive and annoying. Keep in mind that they do not have a salary or any kind of pay. They buy the bottle from the bar (they can pay as much as 900 pesos for the bottle so the bar is making money from them too). They then keep whatever they can get from selling the shots. I feel bad for them (I did the job for one night and HATED IT), but not so bad for the nasty ones. Just say no, especially if you have already paid for open bar. If they are really bugging you, you can always tip them to leave, money talks with these girls, but really a firm "No gracias" should get them to leave you alone.

detroit
Level Contributor
191 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: the shot girls of cancun

Margarittaville sp? was the worst. Just got back and the girls would not take no for a answer, just kept on asking why not. Seen one poor guy agree to a shot and the girl would not stop pouring, must have cost plenty because he was looking all thru his pants pockets and his wifes purse for more money when the girl went to collect. He looked both pissed and embarassed for being taken advantage of. We couldn't stand them bugging us every two minutes and left after one drink. Went to Pat Obrien's and was only asked once, when we said no the girl just smiled and walked away. Waiter was great and was nice sitting outside at patio bar. Coco Bongos shot girls didn't bug us at all either, place was alot of fun but jammed packed.

10. Re: the shot girls of cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 01:17