We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

crocs

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
695 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
crocs

//There are crocodiles or alligators in that lagoon. Why the hell do people still insist on going down the slide?//

I never saw any crocs but I did see a guy kneeing by the fence with his camera all of a sudden he unzipped his fly and peed into the area the slide dropped people into it was during there drink slide canonball contest I thought that was damn ignorant

I hope no one peed into when I was going down I went down in my boxers and t-shirt then dumped them in the trash and bought a new shirt in there gift shop

Ithaca, New York
Level Contributor
2,725 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: crocs

WOW drunks peeing in a pool!!! who would have thunk it? I am disgusted by this as well, but isn't it really to be expected?

mahwah nj
Level Contributor
145 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: crocs

I think he was speaking about Senor Frogs slide, and yes there are Crocs in there, I saw a huge 7 footer when i went jet skiing one year, the ski broke down and I floated in the bay for a while until they got me out, well when I returned the croc was gone. i was told one time that there are hundreds of them in there and that the resturants feed them at night with scraps and it eliminates any problems with attacks.

Still I go twice per year for 17 years and I still have not gone back in the bay...better safe than sorry...Mexico's liability laws are quite different than here.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: crocs

There's a nice picture of a big Croc in this hotel review, wouldn't like to think i was swimming in the lagoon.

Here's the link,

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g150807-d154…

Daz.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
45,481 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: crocs

The late Steve Irwin, the Croc. Hunter, did one of his shows about the lagoon. It has many big ones! And according to him and others, the feeding at the restaurants is not a good thing, only encourages them to become agressive when normally they are not.

Of course the lagoon is not only loaded with crocs but if you survive them, the pollution may get you! Cant imagine why anyone would get in that water.

los angeles
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: crocs

I met someone who worked at the local infirmery and they said crocodile attacks occur there all the time. Drunken tourists think they're invincible.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
695 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: crocs

yikes the water did look kind of questionaable oh well it ws two weeks ago and I havent come down with anything yet maybe the tequila killed all the germs

Napoleon, OH
Level Contributor
110 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: crocs

we used to take the little sailboats out on the lagoon but i'm too freaked out about running into a crock to do that anymore.

ever notice how long people sit at the swim up bars during happy hour? how many drinks can one drink while sitting in water before one has to pee? maybe they are afraid of loosing their seat but i'm always amazed as i sit beside the pool how few people actually excuse themselves to the bano during happy hour (which typically lasts more than 1 hour)......

8. Re: crocs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 16:15