We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Switch from Royal Cancun to Le Blanc??

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, TX
Level Contributor
76 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Switch from Royal Cancun to Le Blanc??

I already have reservations for Royal Cancun in late April, but the A/C issue is really messing with my head especially since my husband is an A/C fanatic! Should I just switch to the LeBlanc so I can stop reading TA nightly for all the reviews of the Royal? :) If I reserve LeBlanc I could at least relaaaxxx knowing I'll have A/C and have marital harmony during vacation....Also, is the no-jeans policy really enforced at LeBlanc? I like wearing nice jeans with nice tops and heels...too bad if I can't wear them....

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Switch from Royal Cancun to Le Blanc??

I feel the same way. We have a reservation for The Royal in mid May. I asked my travel agent to put a suite on hold at Le Blanc because I am very torn.

Also - I keep trying their phone number on the website and it doesn't work. I emailed them 2 x with no response.

ugh!

Boston...
Level Contributor
722 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Switch from Royal Cancun to Le Blanc??

what is wrong with the a/c...my sister is going next month??

columbus ohio
Level Contributor
807 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Switch from Royal Cancun to Le Blanc??

JJ,

You will love LeBlanc,it is very simular to The Royal.We were at LeBlanc last may and had the Royal on our list this year. Since we can't find a good deal at LeBlanc or Royal,we might end up at Sun Palace this may:-(

LeBlanc's dress code is more relaxed for women than men,Seen people with nice jean outfits. More picky with men and open-toed sandals. Closed-toe sandals will work just fine. LeBlanc's a/c works just fine:-)

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Switch from Royal Cancun to Le Blanc??

Leblanc was my first choice and than I got caught up in The Royal Cancun hype and switched. Although I haven't been to Leblanc it gets great reviews so I don't think one can go wrong going there. In restrospect I wish I would have booked Leblanc and saved The Royal for next year if the reviews were good. The Royal has a lot of issues right now and if they are running about the same price I would recommending going with the tried and true one Leblanc.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
13,933 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Switch from Royal Cancun to Le Blanc??

You can't go wrong with LeBlanc. Wouldn't it be a bummer if the a/c was out the week you were there? Sorry, just seeing the irony.

Anyways, I believe jeans were not allowed for dinner, but you would always see one or two that snuck in. Not sure which way to go on that one. I'm a big fan of jeans, but also big on following the dress code set by the resorts. Many woman were in capris or short skirts. Some dressed way up and had on some sexy black dresses type thing. You can go pretty casual without wearing jeans, or you can dress up - it's up to you! That's whats great with Cancun, I think. Overall a very casual place to be.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
76 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Switch from Royal Cancun to Le Blanc??

I emailed our travel agent and asked her to get me some prices on Le Blanc. I've heard people talking about the presidential and/or governor suites. What's up with those rooms? I haven't seen it advertised on Le Blanc's website. I think I may be gearing more towards Le Blanc....decisions decisions.....

Richmond Hill...
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Switch from Royal Cancun to Le Blanc??

My wife and I just got back from a one week stay at the Royal. We never had any A/C problems in room 827. We did hear from another couple that they had A/C problems and were moved 3 times.

My understanding was that the A/C problem was a pretty broad one initially, including the restaurants. The restaurants were fine while we were there.

It looks like there is another A/C unit being installed as part of the construction, but I cannot confirm that.

My hunch (I don't really know any facts) is that you will not be impacted by the previous A/C problems in April.

I have submitted a writeup to TA which should be posted in another day.

John

8. Re: Switch from Royal Cancun to Le Blanc??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 08:27