We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone at the Westin Lagunamar???????

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Anyone at the Westin Lagunamar???????

Can you give us any information on the pool resurfacing please.

19 replies to this topic
NJ
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone at the Westin Lagunamar???????

I am just following this post, as I'm scheduled to be there soon, too.

3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone at the Westin Lagunamar???????

ye we are and is very nice they do some work but will are not affected we like it here , don' worry ...even the whther is perfect

Atlanta
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone at the Westin Lagunamar???????

Good to hear - we will be there Saturday. 3 more sleeps!

NJ
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone at the Westin Lagunamar???????

Yes, good to hear if it's truly not disruptive and if the other pools are nice. I knew the pool would be closed when I booked but I was hoping the project would be finished before I arrived, or would get delayed and not start. :) Curious to know how the other pools are in comparison and if it's still enjoyable to sit by them while the work is going on?

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone at the Westin Lagunamar???????

Lightly7, Will you please post and let us know what's going on.

Ohio
Level Contributor
231 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone at the Westin Lagunamar???????

As of last Friday, they still hadn't closed the infinity pool. The upper pool was still closed. It seems they are behind schedule. I don't know though when they will be moving on and closing the infinity pool. It may have happened already. Here is a thread on TUG with photos.

tugbbs.com/forums/index.php…

Edited: 22 September 2017, 00:31
NJ
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone at the Westin Lagunamar???????

Dioxide45,thank you so much! That is helpful. I hope they run very late and the Infinity pool is still open when I arrive a week from Sat. :) But from the last photo in that thread it looks like they are finishing up the upper pool. Looks like the upper pool will be fine, though, if that is the only one that's open during my stay.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,252 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone at the Westin Lagunamar???????

There is another pool on the other side of the buildings. That pool is not going to be closed so that one will definitely be available for you with no construction around it. It also has a swim-up bar.

NJ
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone at the Westin Lagunamar???????

Awesome, thanks, David. I know another pool was mentioned but I wasn't sure if that just meant the upper pool. Good to know it's in a different location. Swim-up bar is a plus, too!

Ohio
Level Contributor
231 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone at the Westin Lagunamar???????

Three pools total at Lagunamar. The two you can see in the photos on the TUG thread are what I referred to as the upper pool and the infinity pool. There is the smaller pool on the other side of the resort that, as indicated, is not going to be closing for resurfacing this year.

Enjoy your stay, you will have a great time even with the pool closures. We were there in May and had a great stay!

Edited: 22 September 2017, 21:47
Reply to: Anyone at the Westin Lagunamar???????
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted