We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Advisor Free Backpack

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
58 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Advisor Free Backpack

Has any of you received an e-mail supposely from tripadvisor saying that they need your address to mail you a free TripAdvisor Backpack?

I got one, but seems fishy, why would they want my password.

Just curious if somebody else got an e-mail like this one.

Malvern...
Level Contributor
241 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Advisor Free Backpack

I have not received that offer,,,If I had,,I would be thinking the same thing,,FISHY,,they should not need your password?!

Let us know what the outcome is,,I am curious as to how this will pan out. Thanks

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
213 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Advisor Free Backpack

Hey I just got one this morning. But they didn't ask for my password. Just my address of where to send it to...I gave it to them...geez now I'm worried, I hope I'm not sorry. Let me know if you hear anything else.

Newlyhardie~

worcestershire
Level Contributor
334 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Advisor Free Backpack

Hi everyone,

I got this e-mail today , they only want my mail address.

Why don't we all get them sent to MY Place so Nancy can give them to the kids who need them?

Linda

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
213 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Advisor Free Backpack

CancunES---

I just checked my e-mail again...they did NOT ask for a password. If you send me your e-mail address I can forward you the e-mail I got and you can see how close it is to yours...let me know...looks pretty legit to me...but you never know...there are some real creeps out there..

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
832 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Advisor Free Backpack

I got the email about a month ago. Gave my mailing address but so far, no packpack. The email did not ask for my password.

Phoenix, Az
Level Contributor
471 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Advisor Free Backpack

I also got the email several weeks ago. They did not ask me for my password, however, I have not yet received the backpack.

baltimore
Level Contributor
33 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Advisor Free Backpack

I got an e-mail from tripadvisor saying they need my address to send me a backpack also. Can't remember if asked for password.

So far, only a few weeks, and no backback. I hope it is legit!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,882 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Advisor Free Backpack

I just responded to it this morning! It asked for only mailing address which is pretty attainable through the yellowpages.com. I hope it's legit, too.

I love the idea of sending them to MyPlace! Great idea! Wonder if we could just ask that ours be forwarded instead of sent to us? If anyone knows, let me know. I'd be glad to send mine!

Cheryl

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
180 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Advisor Free Backpack

Yes, we got one too. And I sent my address. I hope it was legit!

New York
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Advisor Free Backpack

Oh Boy did I just do something BAD???? I got a second notice from them about it. It didn't ask for my password just my address. I gave that and then I got a post saying thank you and to allow 4-6 weeks for the backapack.