We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can you take older kids into the bars

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mt. vernon, missouri
Level Contributor
344 posts
Save Topic
can you take older kids into the bars

Could we take our 17 and 13 year old into Senor Frogs etc? at any time?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,004 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can you take older kids into the bars

I'd take them early enough, maybe leave by 9 or so. I doubt you'd want to expose your kids to what can go on at the clubs in Cancun.

USA
Level Contributor
79 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: can you take older kids into the bars

I took my kids that age to Senor Frogs at about 9 p.m. ($5.00 cover charge each including the important souveneir cup!) and we stayed until about 10:30. It was pretty good - fun MC and then Reggae Band and group dances,etc. I didn't see any out of control wild action...but I'm glad I was there to keep an eye on things. Lot of high school and college age kids and a few of us oldies. I have heard it gets crazier later in the evening...

3. Re: can you take older kids into the bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2007, 21:30
Mt. vernon, missouri
Level Contributor
344 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: can you take older kids into the bars

I'm confused, I thought legal drinking age was 18, and does my 13 year old need an I. D. to get in or maybe just the non-food places I.D. I don't want to go even that late maybe in the early evening for chips and salsa.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: can you take older kids into the bars

The drinking age is NOT 16 it is 18 nothing technical about it.

USA
Level Contributor
79 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: can you take older kids into the bars

Drinking age is 18. Nobody asked us for ID cards at the door, and we did not order alcohol inside, so we did not get asked in there either. Not sure if the rule is different for getting in at different times of the day, or if it would be different for young people without a chaperone type of person with them.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: can you take older kids into the bars

We took 5 and 7 year old for dinner at Carlos and Charlies and left before the partying. I believe Senor Frogs is the same way. No problems going for dinner.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
680 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: can you take older kids into the bars

I saw a kid who was about 8 or 10 in one of ther terrace bars at about midnight but then again he wasnt drinking...much

no he wasnt drinking at all non were his parents out of control but a couple of the patrons questioned the wisdom of it

Delran, New Jersey
Level Contributor
646 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: can you take older kids into the bars

i agree about not staying too late at sr frogs with kids. we saw more than a few girls take their tops off in late march. this was probably around 11 or so at night. and you can also bet that the djs tend not to play the edited versions of songs...not that a 13 and 17 yo aren't arleady exposed to that language, but just fyi.

texas
Level Contributor
174 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: can you take older kids into the bars

Can I take my 17 and 15 year old boys into Coco Bongo? If I can, would it be suitable,they are mature for their ages but I dont want them exposed to anything too wild!

Thanks

Ali