We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Party Hoppers Tour

Delran, New Jersey
Level Contributor
648 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Party Hoppers Tour

After all the bad news I've brought to the board, I just wanted to add something positive.

We signed up through Olympus Tours to do the party hoppers tour. We signed up the same day that we took the tour. The OT rep came to our resort earlier in the day, accepted payment (credit cards or cash), and told us to meet in the lobby around 8 or so. Because our group had 8 in it (one couple didn't join us, since they're pregnant), we were picked up by a van and taken to our first spot.

The tour consists of 4 bars/clubs, in this order: Congo, Dady Rock, Senor Frogs, and Coco Bongo.

Quick summary of the four:

Congo - small, open air bar with some tvs showing sports and music that ranged from 70s dance (Celebration) to contemporary hiphop

Dady Rock - pretty big, indoor club/bar, initially house/techno DJ, followed up by contemporary hiphop, an occasional rock song (Nirvana) and then a rock cover band took the stage

Senor Frogs - huge indoor bar, but has an open air patio, mostly hiphop DJ, interactive host, craziest of the 4

Coco Bongo - huge club/theater, featuring a few minutes of a show, followed by a few minutes of contemporary pop (shakira, beyonce, etc). large video screens show the accompanying music videos to the music they play. the shows last 10-15 minutes probably...then more dancing until the next show is ready.

Once we got to Congo, we met up with Chris, who was our "tour guide" for the night. He's more like a server...he's yours for the night. He gets you into the bars/clubs, gets you the wristbands so you don't have to wait in line, and was able to find a table at each place for us to sit at (except Coco Bongo, but we did have a good standing room spot). He asks you what you like to drink, and has a good memory for the rest of the night. For $65 USD per person, all the domestic drinks (beer, cocktails, shots, etc) and cover charges were included (I specifically asked for Red Bull, and it was not included, but available for extra $$, which I didn't pay). Considering that the cover charge (which includes open bar) at Coco Bongo is $45 alone, the $65 is a great deal. We spent anywhere from 60-90 minutes in each spot. When it's time to go, he lets you know, and he walks with you to the next spot. All four of these bars are within walking distance...the longest walk might've been a 1/4 mile (from Dady Rock to Sr Frogs). At the end of night once you're inside Coco Bongo, you're free to stay there, or go back to any other bar you were at already.

There's two catches, if you want to call them that.

1) Chris (or your server) leaves at 3am. It's a long day...we were understanding and thought this was fair

2) You are on your own to get home, and we were told this from the beginning. This sounds worse than it is. We left Coco Bongo around 2, and the streets were packed with tourists, like it was 8pm. We felt very safe, and decided to walk back to Le Blanc (probably about a mile, maybe a little less). We also could've taken a taxi, they're all over the place.

So if you have any interest in the bar/club scene, I'd HIGHLY recommend using Party Hoppers.

Cancun Passion
Sightseeing Tours, Archaeology Tours
Caribbean Connection
Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours
Olympus Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Delaware
Level Contributor
553 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Party Hoppers Tour

Great review of the night. Thanks-We can't wait!

Delran, New Jersey
Level Contributor
648 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Party Hoppers Tour

I forgot to mention...your host expects to be tipped at the end of the night. The tour rep told us $5 per couple would be fine...we discussed it during the night, and agreed on $30 per couple. he did a great job, and we wanted to tell him that. it was kinda weird though, because during the night, he tips the bartenders, to keep the drinks coming. so at our 3rd bar, he came over to us, and basically asked us for his tip in advance, so he could continue tipping the bartenders. not sure if this was a mini-scam or not, but we tipped him and service didn't drop off all of the sudden, so it worked out fine for us.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
152 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Party Hoppers Tour

Thanks for this post!! Great info!

Cape Girardeau...
Level Contributor
502 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Party Hoppers Tour

Good information - even if it IS from a Mets fan, lol! Seriously, thanks for posting the report about Party Hoppers. We're thinking about doing a "party bus" type of thing one night when we're down there in a few weeks.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
689 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Party Hoppers Tour

// he came over to us, and basically asked us for his tip in advance, so he could continue tipping the bartenders. not sure if this was a mini-scam or not//

II dont think this is a scam and wish my host had done the same this I felt she did an excellent job (not all of the hostes are like this )always bringing me drinks etc then we got seperated before the end of the night so she got no tip which I felt bad about because like I said 'she did an excellent job' I think you get treated alote better on the party hooper tour then if you go into the nightclubs on your own

Westchester, NY
Level Contributor
281 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Party Hoppers Tour

i also took a party hopper tour, but mine was 3 bars, and a club at the end ...

it was a lot of fun i remember.

i also remember the tour guide being all over the drunk girls in our group, didnt seem right

Delran, New Jersey
Level Contributor
648 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Party Hoppers Tour

our group 4 married couples...i think that helped keep him away from trying to steal our ladies!

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Party Hoppers Tour

great post. we are headed down next wk. any night better to go out on the party hopper? we are in our late 30's - we dont need it too crazy, but a little crazy would be fun.

Fresno,Ca
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Party Hoppers Tour

Amen,

Thank you for the information.

We will be down there in about 5 weeks and may check it out.

Did Party Hopper find you or did you see a booth to sign up?

I am in my mid 40's and my gal is late 30's. What is the vibe of the clubs and will we feel out of place at any of them? The last time I was there it appeared teens and 20's dominated the scene.

Regardless, the price looks good and it not like you are stuck at any one club the whole time.

Delran, New Jersey
Level Contributor
648 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Party Hoppers Tour

our transfer from the airport to the hotel was done by olympus tours. once we checked in, we were asked to meet up with one of their reps later that day, to coordinate our transfer back to the airport. at that time, our rep (manuel) gave us a little pitch on how his company offers any tour that we could want, and if we book through him, he gets the commission. he was a very nice guy and we opted to go that route. he mentioned the party hoppers tour by name that day, and a day or two later, we called him to sign up. they came to our hotel to take payment and that was that.

regarding the vibe at the clubs, as i've mentioned, our group's average age was 30. we also went at the end of march, so i think the crowd was full of spring breakers. i personally felt a little older than most people there, but not out of place older. i tend to still like contemporary music, so that's a big part of it. if you're there all night lamenting the fact that you don't know any of the songs, or why they only play hiphop and not the rolling stones or jimmy buffett, then you might not have a great time. but if you can get around that, or if you actually embrace that, then i think you'll have a great time.