We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexico-more than once per year?

Burlington,VT
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Topic
Mexico-more than once per year?

Hello, We are going to Cancun in October. We were in the Mayan Riviera last month. This is the first time we'll be going to Mexico twice in one year(thanks to Book-it.com and their great prices for The Royal Cancun). Do many people out there go to Mexico more than once a year? And what time of year do you go? Love this site!

Bardonia new york
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexico-more than once per year?

Yes for years we were going twice in Nov/Dec at the Club Int'l de Cancun and again in Jan/Feb....3 years ago we went 3 times and the 3rd time tried Puerto Vallarta loved it so much we bought 2 weeks of timeshare there and did not renew our Cancun one....of course they do not have the nice blue water but we are pool people and foud that PV was so much prettier and the restaurants were so much better and cheaper.....I'm not looking to knock Cancun and this is only my opinion which I am told I am entitled to.....

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,349 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexico-more than once per year?

Have to agree, JoanL. I have been coming to Mexico for over 25 years, many times each year. But having said that, not always to this area. For years I also owned at Club Intl. but slowly saw Cancun turn into something I did not like, and sold. Not to knock Cancun, either---it suits some people fine but not my tastes.

So many great areas to visit in Mexico, I would hard pressed to name a favorite.

michigan
Level Contributor
412 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexico-more than once per year?

We will be going twice this year. We were at Moon Palace in January and going in December to Cancun Palace. We are bringing 15 people with us this time. Have been going to Cancun for seven years. My family just loves it. We get great airfare thru Northwest and it is always nonstop. Just paid 340 for December.

BSQ
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5,581 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mexico-more than once per year?

On average every other year I schedule 2 trips to cancun specifically. But as the others have commented, I enjoy other spots within Mexico as well, both inland and on the pacific coast.

For Cancun, October seems to have become my every year trip since it's my last chance to relax before gearing up for the craziest time of year in my line of work. Other trips well, the only months I try to avoid in Cancun are July & August.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mexico-more than once per year?

Yes, we go in Late April/May (after spring break) and October (when it's slow). The weather is a bit milder (ha) and fewer kids to contend with. We go because the people who work there are good hosts. They're happy. And pleasant. And good attitude always makes for a relaxing time. I appreciate their hospitality and try to repay them with the respect they deserve. I work overtime to afford it and it's worth it.

oz
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mexico-more than once per year?

well im off on my third trip in less than a year ! last june daughter and i went to the moon palace, then a friend and i went to playa del carmen (playacar palace) and now in 18 days my friend and i will be at the cozumel palace ! (nope im not a member, just like the chain )when i went to playa del carmen we went at the end of august and it was hot and there were tropical storm warnings.i dont think i'll go that time of year again, too stressful with the storm thing wondering if flights would be cancelled. i truley feel that mexico is habit forming and i am now looking for the 12 step program for it.. haha have a great trip in oct !

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
257 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Mexico-more than once per year?

My wife & I usually go to Mexico (Cancun or PV) during our May anniversary. We are goint to Cancun this May.

We usually also go inland during January to the state of Michocan since I have family there. During our inland trip we also like to take side trips to Guanajuato, Guadalajara, Queretaro, San Miguel Allende or surrounding cities.

columbus ohio
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mexico-more than once per year?

We usually go 4 times a year at least. So far this year, we have spent 4 weeks at the Golden, two weeks at Sun P, will be back for two weeks at the Golden in May, and again in Sept. Have already booked my airfare for 4 weeks next Jan/Feb

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,853 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mexico-more than once per year?

We always go at least twice and usually stay more than 1 week at a time. Last year we were there 3 times (March for 2 weeks, 1 week in May and again in December). Now that the kiddies are in grad school and working, we have more flexibility and can take advantage of charter airfares that are cheap.

We bought a timeshare in Cancun years ago and just love the Royal Resorts. We usually rent a week for a good price and just pick up airfare.

Cheryl

Alaska
Level Contributor
111 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mexico-more than once per year?

We go at least twice a year, for the last 5 years. We got hooked on Mexico in Cabo, but I love the Mayan Riviera, PV and Cabo. I want to try Manzanillo and Zih as well as Majahual and Tulum. My hubby golfs and I dive, so we try new places with that in mind.