We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The truth about Cancun Palace!!!!!

Michigan
5 posts
Save Topic
The truth about Cancun Palace!!!!!

This is my first time posting on Trip Advisor, thought I have used the service for many years. My husband, daughter & I just returned from the Cancun Palace on Wednesday and I am so happy that I did not listen to all the negative postings! We had an absolute fabulous time! Our only negative comment is that they need to train their house keeping staff a little better. The pools were gorgeous and as far as the reports of floating cups & straw wrappers......HELLO! It is a swim up bar! The winds are whipping around, things are going to blow! We were up at 7am every morning and their were at least half a dozen people scrubbing & cleaning the entire pool area. One tip, get d.own early and leave your shoes on a good spot up frmont if this is important to you. We liked either the front row or the chairs around the pool edge. We ate all five of the restaurants and yes, there was a little bit of a wait sometimes it was no different than if we go out to dinner on a Friday or Saturday night in our town, there is ALWAYS a 45min to an hour wait for anything decent. The waitstaff at every single of the restaurants were nothing but top notch!! My family was treated like royalty! We had no maintainace problems and any minor housekeeping issues were addressed immediately. My husband & I spoke to about 10 different couples who have memberships & they were all very pleased with the NEW Cancun Palce! We definately are returning and getting a membership ourselves! If anyone is planning a trip & want to email me with any questions or concerns, PLEASE....FEEL FREE! WE LOVED IT!!

texas
Level Contributor
174 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The truth about Cancun Palace!!!!!

I am pleased you had a great time!

Can you tell me what the daily activities/nightly entertainment was like please?

Do you think this would be a fun place for two teenagers age 15 and 17. They lke to join to join in on things like ping pong tournaments pool volleyball etc and met people of similar age. They like a resort with alot going on

Did you visit Moon Palace,if you did how did that compare?

Thanks Ali

Riverside...
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: The truth about Cancun Palace!!!!!

I am glad things were good for you on your trip. We visited the Cancun Palace one evening this week for dinner while staying at the Sun Palace. It was very nice. We really enjoyed the Japanese restaurant.

I have a question about your room. Did your room have a 2 person jacuzzi? What about complimentary toiletries? There were a ton at the Sun and I don't want to pack shampoo, conditioner, etc if the CP has the same. The Sun had Biosilk shampoo, conditioner, lotion, & bubble bath. They also had toothbrushes, toothpaste, shaving kit, sewing kit, shoe polish set, shower cap, body wash, soap, grooming kit (Q-tips, cotton balls & nail file), and mouthwash.

Idaho
Level Contributor
1,231 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The truth about Cancun Palace!!!!!

If possible I would like a little more information on the restaurants. We still haven't decided between staying at the Cancun Palace or the Sun Palace next. I think the restaurants might be the deciding factor. I know we can make use of the facilities at any Palace resort but the fact that the Sun does not have a buffet bothers me. We like to eat at a buffet restaurant on those days when we are felling tired and lazy.

Riverside...
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: The truth about Cancun Palace!!!!!

I can tell you that the Japanese restaurant is rather large. They have 6 or 7 Benihana style cooking stations and a regular restaurant area. We had to wait about 1/2 an hr for the cooking station, but there was plenty of room in the rest of the restaurant.

indiana
Level Contributor
520 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The truth about Cancun Palace!!!!!

Praise the Lord!!! Thank you Moe! We are staying there the first of June in a PresSuite on the recommendation of our daughter and a friend of ours. I really wasn't too worried since both gave high marks to us. But, with the bad reviews it did make me a little anxious about it. I didn't really think things could go downhill in just a couple of weeks since they had been there though.

If you think of any tips, please let me know!

Glad your back safe and sound!

painesville ohio
Level Contributor
157 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The truth about Cancun Palace!!!!!

the sun does have a buffet. we ate in it at least twice aday a few weeks back.

columbus ohio
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The truth about Cancun Palace!!!!!

I think he/she was referring to a dinner buffet, which the Sun doesn`t have..........wish they did

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The truth about Cancun Palace!!!!!

Penny-All Palace Resorts have 2 person jacuzzis and the same top- notch toiletries.

Southern New...
Level Contributor
190 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The truth about Cancun Palace!!!!!

Greetings from Cancun Palace!!

Yes, Penny - All the toiletries avail at Sun Palace are the same here at Cancun Palace. You don't even need to pack a toothbrush or toothpaste!

Restaurants are wonderful. We've eaten at the Mexican, Italian and Japanese so far. Save the Italian for a night that you are very hungry. They serve 5 courses! Tonight our plan is the Steakhouse. We sat with a couple that the Japanese that said the Steakhouse was terrible. They said Ponderosa is better. 3 other couples we've spoke to said it's fantastic. We'll see for ourselves.

Room is clean, no issues with plumbing. The cold water pressure is very low, so be careful.. It just takes a tap of the hot water or you'll be scalded. It's annoying, but nothing you can't adapt to.

We did have a problem with our A/C upon arrival. We notified guest services and left the room to explore. Jayson checked the front desk for status and they said they were looking for us. The maintenance crew will NOT enter your room if you are not there. There is a card on the back of the door to place outside which gives them permission to enter. Jayson gave them permission right then and by the time we got back to the room, it was perfect! There's a card on the back of the door that you place outside for maintenance. They won't enter if that's not there. I liked that!! We've been called twice to make sure it's fixed to our satisfaction.

Activities are going on all day at the pool area. Crazy games and fun! We've seen 2 of the nightly shows so far! The drum/fire show was fabulous!

Maid service has been excellent. My one complaint is that there are only 3 small drawers for clothes. We are here for 10 days and really don't have enough room to unpack everything. Minor inconvenience.

Haven't tried the jacuzzi yet. That's planned for tonight, I think. (wink)

The pool is very clean! Assuming that the past negative comments about the pool were factual, it must have been a glitch. It's as clean if not cleaner than you can expect for a pool bar/pool area.

That's all I can think of right now.. If you have any other questions, I'll check back. I'd be happy to help ease anyone's concerns!

Denise

michigan
Level Contributor
412 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The truth about Cancun Palace!!!!!

All the Palaces have very little drawer space. I don't know why they don't give you more. I now know to bring extra hangers and I just hang everything up.

Glad to hear all the positive remarks on the Cancun Palace. We are planning on going in December.

Sandy