We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

was/ is Cancun devastated by the hurricanes???

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Staten Island, NY
Level Contributor
4 posts
Save Topic
was/ is Cancun devastated by the hurricanes???

just wondering. i am trying to plan a trip for a large group in july and i was told that Cancun is still a mess. any truth?thanks!

1. Re: was/ is Cancun devastated by the hurricanes???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2011, 13:58
Martinsburg, West...
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: was/ is Cancun devastated by the hurricanes???

I can testify that we were in Cancun during Hurricane Wilma and stayed 5 extra days in a Mexican shelter. We have been back twice since the hurricane and can tell you that you will not see any remnants of it. Believe me Mexican culture had rebuilt very quickly. Unlike the USA culture where New Orleans is still a disaster. And we are planning our 3rd trip in June since the hurricane. This time although going to Playa Del Carmen to try something different.

Toronto
Level Contributor
612 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: was/ is Cancun devastated by the hurricanes???

Sorry this question is funny to me...

Don't believe the hype! The Media has made it out to be New Orleans over there..

Everything is back to normal...Trees and beaches most things are bigger and better than they were before...

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: was/ is Cancun devastated by the hurricanes???

The hurricanes were in 2006. Everything is back to normal now.

Martinsburg, West...
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: was/ is Cancun devastated by the hurricanes???

Hollyworton: Actually Wilma was in 2005, which was some time ago. But I know time flys and we soon forget. But as I say Cancun and the Rivera Maya is back and stronger than ever.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: was/ is Cancun devastated by the hurricanes???

Wilma took place on October 21, 2005. Most of Cancun is rebuilt, with the exception of 2-3 hotels and some new construction of newer condos and hotels. Other then that all is back to normal or even better then it was before. Anyone who told you that it is still a mess, has not been to Cancun in a long time.

kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: was/ is Cancun devastated by the hurricanes???

we were there in feb 2007- i was surprised at all the constuction due to rebuilding efforts

8. Re: was/ is Cancun devastated by the hurricanes???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 20:18