We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

You frequent Cancun several times a year????

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Topic
You frequent Cancun several times a year????

Just curious, and also for my information, how do you go about visiting Cancun several times per year? Do you plan carefully and have a source for good deals? Are you a travel agent? Just wealthy, or well-off? You don't work? You work from home? Self-employed? You have tons of vacation time available???? I paid around $2500 for my upcoming trip/special occasion, definitely do NOT have that kinda $$ to splurge several times per year, not with a mortgage, a job, and a family with small children. I'd like to hear how you do it, possibly figure out when/how we may get it done too... thanks! : )

Boston...
Level Contributor
624 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: You frequent Cancun several times a year????

I travel there often and book my flight a month ahead of time or wait until a couple days before. I have made friends in cancun, so I stay with them and dont have to worry about a hotel. But, often times I have friends that come along and they find packages for $600...granted...its not a luxury resort, but we're not into that, we want a beach, pool, booze, and aparty. I also only go for long weekends and will take the red eye's if they are available. I am by no means well off! I'm 24 w/ rent, car payment, ridiculous student loans, etc. I just manage my money well enough and put some disposable income away rather than going to that concert or going out to eat on a sat. night.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: You frequent Cancun several times a year????

Sounds good, ChicagoSun! We don't have to be luxury every time neither, just for upcoming anniversary ; -) We'd be interested in getting over there for fun of it all too. The long weekends will work as well. A lot of folks go for 1-2 weeks on here, and one person said they've been over there 40+ times!! Thanks for your reply!

columbus ohio
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: You frequent Cancun several times a year????

We usually go down 4-5 times a year. We are retired, no kids at home, no mortgage or bills, so our disposable income goes for what we like to do most.........travel

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: You frequent Cancun several times a year????

Awesome~That's the way to do it!

Boston...
Level Contributor
624 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: You frequent Cancun several times a year????

Yu may want to check out some of the following sites...and sometimes booking airfare separate does turn out cheaper. My mom is booking last minute for a trip down there with me and I found airfare for her for $300 on funjet.com, and then we're booking the hotel separately to get a better rate. here are some of the sites I book travel on:

www.orbitz.com

www.travelocity.com

www.hotwire.com

www.hotels.com

www.expedia.com

www.vacationsway.com

www.funjet.com (mainly for airfare)

www.lastminutedeals.com

www.lastminute.com

www.site59.com

www.mobissimo.com

www.kayak.com

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: You frequent Cancun several times a year????

don't forget - www.sidestep.com is a good one too for air !

columbus ohio
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: You frequent Cancun several times a year????

We usually book air and hotel separately as we find better prices that way. Bookit.com has very good rates for rooms

Denver
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: You frequent Cancun several times a year????

Chrysalisbliss,

Seeing as you are from Atlanta (my former hometown) we would always look in the sunday paper and find the travel section. A lot of times during the slower season you will find 3 or 4 night stays w/air for 299-399pp. We use to go every other month when deals like that would pop up. Especially watch in the months of Aug, Sep, Oct. Usually were through apple or funjet.

BSQ
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5,581 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: You frequent Cancun several times a year????

ditto on the AJC and Clark Howard's show or website.

Anyway, I only go a couple times a year, but definitely every year. I travel many other places through out the year as well (all pleasure, not for business). Right out of college I purchased a timeshare in Cancun. That has kept my vacations affordable over the years. (though I am really hating airfare from ATL to CUN at the moment).

For me it's about priorities and financial planning, both immediate and long term.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,436 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: You frequent Cancun several times a year????

I travel to Cancun a few times per year, mostly for work but believe me I am not complaining about having to go there. I try, it's difficult, but somehow I manage to have a good time... it's a tough job but someone's gotta do it, LOL!!!

I realize it doesn't have sidestep but if you use this website's "Deals" page, there is a really helpful feature. Just scroll down to a hotel you want to investigate, click on the link and a "Check Rates" box will appear to the right. By clicking that box will allow you to view several website's deals at the same time:

tripadvisor.com/Cheap_Vacations-g150807-Canc…

212eric V.P.

PEOPLE'S CHOICE GUIDE CANCUN