We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sharing a ride from the airport to the hotel

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
sharing a ride from the airport to the hotel

Hey, is anybody else on this forum going down to Cancun on Friday, July 13th? I'm landing around 11:30 am (Continental from Houston) and am trying to decide if the $50 private van (direct to the hotel) is worth it. Or should I share a collectivo for $10 or so and ride around fo 45 min to get to my hotel?

I'm staying at the Grand Oasis Cancun. Of course another option is to take the downtown bus from the airport and then switch to theR-1, but it sounds like possibly a pain.

Any comments?

BSQ
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5,581 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sharing a ride from the airport to the hotel

are you in a hurry?

personally I'd go with purchasing a shared ride ticket at the airport. a possible 45 minute ride is just not that big a deal to me.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sharing a ride from the airport to the hotel

no real hurry, just to get to the beach and relax...ha, ha! I've been very moody and indecisive in planning this trip for reasons unknown to me. My common sense tells me I'll enjoy the van more anyways, cost, company, view, etc.

3. Re: sharing a ride from the airport to the hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 02:19