We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who is Apple's private ground transport from CUN?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
State of Disarray
Level Contributor
3,805 posts
Save Topic
Who is Apple's private ground transport from CUN?

Does anybody know who Apple is now using for PRIVATE ground transport from/to CUN? I didn't use Apple last December, so I don't know. My travel guy told me it's - "Apple."

It used to be Olympus for shuttle/bus......

Interested to know who it is now, & how they are doing!

Thx..... AQ

Riverside...
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Who is Apple's private ground transport from CUN?

In December it was Apple. All of the vans had the Apple logo on them. We didn't have private transfers though. We had nonstop transfers. It was the same as private transfer (There was no one else in the van), but only cost an additional $10 per person.

State of Disarray
Level Contributor
3,805 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Who is Apple's private ground transport from CUN?

Thanks Penny! I'd forsake private transfer to ride with you any day! Sorry you can't make December because of work...BLECCHH!

Riverside...
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Who is Apple's private ground transport from CUN?

I know. Why can't I be rich instead of beautiful? :LOL Then there'd be no need for work.

Cancun
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Who is Apple's private ground transport from CUN?

Amstar is the name of the company that provides the ground transportation for Apple. I believe Apple owns that company (but could be wrong) so that could explain the Apple logo on the vans/buses. I've used them before and the buses and shuttles were clean and right on time...or early.

State of Disarray
Level Contributor
3,805 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Who is Apple's private ground transport from CUN?

Thanks, Susan..... hope to see you in December. Tell Gringa to give you that picture I sent to her, from My Place!

Cancun
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Who is Apple's private ground transport from CUN?

De nada, ag700! I'll ask Gringa for the picture the next time we speak. :-)

Minnesota
Level Contributor
299 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Who is Apple's private ground transport from CUN?

- We've gone to Riveria Maya with Apple in February '05, '06' and '07. This past year we had a bit of trouble with the transfers.

- First, Apple has three types of transfers. 1) Standard (no extra charge) 2)Non-Stop (small extra charge - I think it was about $25 per person) 3) Private (large extra charge $100 per person)

- Second, Apple flys with a charter airline called USA3000 (who we like a lot). They now have flights comming into Cancun from (at last count) Detroit, Philly, Baltimore, Chicago, St. Louis, and Pittsburgh all within a three hour window. Instead of using the vans for transfers (that they used to use), they now use the big tour busses. They hold people outside the airport untill they fill the busses..... this is also a pain in the @$$ when you get to the resort, because the resort/hotel check-in desk is hit with dozens of arrivals at the same time. The people who came in at the same time we did got to the resort around 2:30 PM on the bus - and had no lunch. We got there around noon.

- The Apple representatives at the airport did not have us on their list, so we had to show them our reciept listing the upgraded transfer.

- We thought that we had booked a private transfer - but what we got was a "non-stop" transfer...... The 'non-stop transfer' just means that you are supposed to be the first stop (still might be on the bus, just the first stop!) Even that did not work out well, as they made stops (but, what can you do at that point, get out and walk?)

- My travel agent did not know about the three types of transfers - and none of the other six TAs in her shop did either....... I guess it was not weel explained to them by Apple.

----- My point is, make sure that you know exactly what you are getting in a transfer & have the paperwork available when you arrive.

Hope you have a great vacation!, Buggs

in her point here is to know what you are getting.

State of Disarray
Level Contributor
3,805 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Who is Apple's private ground transport from CUN?

Buggs..... thanks! The prices currently offered for "private transport" via Apple are much lower. Something like $60 total, RT. Non-stop is only $20, I believe. If it's Amstar, or Apple, they are certainly competitive with the other local outfits offering same.

Penny..... you got really lucky. I'd do non-stop, but Jerry said he isn't waiting in the heat for anybody..... except maybe you!

Anybody do private transport through Apple to the Hotel Zone?

toledo
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Who is Apple's private ground transport from CUN?

I am also curious to know this answer as we paid to upgrade to private tranfer.

Thanks in advance

State of Disarray
Level Contributor
3,805 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Who is Apple's private ground transport from CUN?

For me & mjnoone..........