We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first choice airways

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
first choice airways

Hi has anyone flown with first choice airways in the economy class, hows it like.

England
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first choice airways

Hi yes i flew with first choice in economy in August 06 and January 07 to Cancun and I was very impressed, large comfy leather seats, tvs in the headrests, loads of choice on the channels. (Yes this really is in economy so I would love to see what the first class looks like!!!) I really couldnt complain about them at all - they make the long flight very bearable!

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: first choice airways

It doesn't sound like this is economy, if it is i will be well chuffed. Thanks for the info

England
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first choice airways

I promise you this is the economy on their long haul flights coz we considered upgrading but the holiday was pricey enough without another 300 or so on top ! We were definately in economy, you will be pleasantly suprised, have a great holiday!

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first choice airways

We have been back nearly a week and had a bad experience. We posted the below text on the forum last week.

The First Choice (FC) Website state how good flying in their star class planes are and how even better the premier (1st class) cabin is... well... we flew in the normal part and didn’t upgrade. The only good thing about the new plane is the extra inch or so you get in leg room.

On the way out the journey was OK. Crew were good and helpful. They came round with drinks quite quickly after take off and we had a vege meal allocated to us which we got no problems. We did, however, feel neglected. In the whole 9 or so hour flight the drinks cart only came round once! ONCE! I couldnt believe it. I thought this was poor. We flew with American Airlines to NYC, economy, and we never had an empty cup. They were always round with food and drink which was also free. Which with FC you had to pay.

On the flight home we found the staff very rude and on a "power trip". Again we sat in the economy part of the cabin. We sat near to the front of this section to the right hand side of the plane. There was a WC at the front left and you had to walk in front of some seats to get to it. One man did this, probably due to the food cart or duty free cart being in the way, and one of the cabin crew shouted at him from the middle of the plane over about eight rows back and gave him a good ticking off. Another couple we met also found them rude when they refused them some squash claiming that they had already had coffee in the cup and they couldnt have both! Well it turns out that the cup had been used with some Coke they had purchased an hour or so before. I mean really... what a big fuss over a small cup of squash...i mean how much is a cup of squash to a company like FC???

When the food came round we were passed two trays of food. We asked if one was Vege and the crew member looked at us and in a condescending was asked us if we had booked one and then if we had one on the outbound flight. Whats that about? There really is no need for rudeness.

Also the entertainment system failed on about 8 occasions which needed the system to be rebooted each time which took 10 minutes – how annoying!

FC have really let themselves down by this flight home. We received excellent service from the people of Mexico who worked at the Riu Caribe and at all of the places we visited and certainly this set of cabin crew could learn allot about hospitality from the Mexican people!

Moan over...

DONT EXPECT TOO MUCH!!!

Troon, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first choice airways

omg i am flying with first choice too in 7 weeks and have only read good reviews so far.

Is there anyone else out there who can reassure me and hopefully the last review was a blip!!!

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: first choice airways

That sounds terrible, you should have complained to fc. I hope I dont have this problem, so its not worth really upgrading then. There are so many mixed views about this.

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: first choice airways

We sent FC a email complaining about the flight on the 5th July but still have had no response.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
409 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: first choice airways

Hi

I have flown with three different airlines to Cancun and can honestly say that the First Choice flight was the best and we were only economy class. We have other experiences to compare it to and in my case it was the best. There are bound to be gliches, fortunately for me I didn't experience any.

Debbie

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,285 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: first choice airways

Last year we flew to Dom Rep on the new upgraded flight. We also paid to sit up in the "posh bit". On the return flight, a steward tipped a tray of drinks into my husbands lap. He was absolutely soaked which made the 9 hour flight home, very uncomfortable.

I did complain to FC about this, as I felt that after paying all that extra to be comfortable, he should at least be compensated in some way. Their answer was to apologise and offered dry cleaning vouchers. I explained that the clothes had been washed so the vouchers were not needed.

Despite numerous contacts with the company, no further action was offered by them.

I felt that this lack of care to their paying customers, let them down big time.

Lorraine

10. Re: first choice airways

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 12:21