We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riviera Maya, Mexico July weather

Chicago, Illinois
3 posts
Save Topic
Riviera Maya, Mexico July weather

Hi all,

My husband and I will be traveling to Riviera Maya, MX at the end of July. What experience can anyone offer about Cancun in late July? Is July part of the rainy season? What about hurricanes? Are they really active in late July? Thanks for your help.

Beckville, Texas
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riviera Maya, Mexico July weather

looks like it's going to be another slow hurricane season. . .much to the chagrin of Algore. . .but anyway, I wouldn't worry about hurricanes. Sept. and October are typically more active anyway. July in CanCun is pretty hot. Lows in the mid to upper seventies and highs in the upper nineties. There's always a breeze, though, on the beach. Drink PLENTY of beer or rum and coke to stay cool is the ONLY answer.

Chicago, Illinois
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Riviera Maya, Mexico July weather

Tele65-Thanks for the reassurance about hurricane season being more active in Sept-Oct. What about rain in late July in Cancun? Is it really rainy at the end of July?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
537 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riviera Maya, Mexico July weather

We have been there for two July's and haven't had any rain that has dampered our vacation. If it did rain it came and went afer a short period of time. It is quite HOT if you are not on the beach.

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,897 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riviera Maya, Mexico July weather

the average rainfall for July is about 4 inches, June is the rainiest month, with Sept and Oct close behind depending on hurricanes and tropical storms.

Even though you should be just fine in July as far as hurricanes go, I would still buy travel insurance, you can get a policy for about $30 from Travel Gaurd, well worth it in my opinion.

It will be hot in July, but the best thing is, the water temp will be warm, great for swimming.

5. Re: Riviera Maya, Mexico July weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 14:20