We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shortest Lead time you've ever booked?

somewhere
Level Contributor
3,075 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Shortest Lead time you've ever booked?

Just curious..what's the shortest amount of time in advance you've ever booked a trip? As in, today in Wednesday and you found a HOT deal leaving on Friday so you booked it.

Oh, and what site was it through..you KNEW I was going to ask that didn't you? lol

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shortest Lead time you've ever booked?

Just last month I booked a last minute flight on Worry Free to Cancun to join my wife as a suprise. My work schedule freed up and allowed me to join her. I booked the flight at 11:30pm on Wednesday for a 7:00am flight on Friday.

The great news was that I saved over $450 on the same airline my wife was flying - with better schedule options. If your schedule is flexible, I would highly recommend booking at the latest possible moment.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shortest Lead time you've ever booked?

Last November, we booked one day and left the next.

Of course I'd been watching the prices for a couple of weeks but we just couldn't book until the day before. We got our rental car thru Hotwire and our last minute vacation thru Deltavacations.com and their last minute deals. The prices were good, not spectacular, but good enough.

The best deal I ever got was a 3 week lead time- I spotted a $256 RT flight to KY to Hawaii. You can bet I grabbed that one up in a blink of an eye. Prices had been running $700-800.

How I wish I could find that kind of deal gain..............

cleveland
Level Contributor
268 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shortest Lead time you've ever booked?

Couple of years ago we had plans to go to Myrtle Beach and Hurricane Ophelia hit, so we booked Cancun at 4:00pm on Friday and left at 6:00 am on Sunday- one of our best trips!

kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shortest Lead time you've ever booked?

We booked on a thurs and left on saturday thru Funjet -good deal and cheaper as i didnt have time to shop for new clothes and flip flops!!

kc to playa

Kalamazoo MI
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Shortest Lead time you've ever booked?

My friend and I booked at 6 pm on a Tuesday and left at 6 am on Wednesday morning...12 hrs later. It was my 50th birthday on Wednesday and really wanted to celebrate it in Cancun but my Dad had been in the hospital so had to make sure he was ok before I left the country! We booked air only through Funjet for just a couple hundred dollars out of Detoit! Leave again tomorrow morning...this time for $129 for a long weekend...Friday to Monday!

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,762 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shortest Lead time you've ever booked?

I thought I was doing well 3-4 days out. Now postalmom does it 12 hours out!

I can't find all my scuba gear in that time.

Montgomery, Texas
Level Contributor
185 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shortest Lead time you've ever booked?

I have booked many trips 2 or 3 days in advance. Continental.com has alot of last minute trips. Book straight thru your hotel chain for room and then pay for flight..Or even better, opt for bill me later on Continental and not pay for your flight for 3 months.

Canada
Level Contributor
187 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Shortest Lead time you've ever booked?

Our first trip to Mexico -----Cozumel ------November 1995.

Booked the room and flight on a Thursday around 4:30 PM

Flew out on the Saturday at 6:00 AM

Have been hooked ever since but now we book about 3 or 4 months in advance.

Our 11th trip to the Yucatan will be this December but haven't booked yet.

Waiting for a good deal which from our experience over the years usually happens in September from the travel companies here in Canada.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,441 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Shortest Lead time you've ever booked?

12 hours in advance, that's amazing, I'm sincerely impressed.

The only thing I can add that even compares is that I had a flight out to Cancun and landed only to find out the hotel we were supposed to be working in was not going to honor their contract with us. With no help, I had to find a hotel, during spring break, at 9 p.m.!!! I did manage to find a place in Downtown Cancun in about 2 hours. The happy ending is that we did end up playing for the Señor Frog's bar hopping tour and eventually moved our band to a villa at the Royal Sands.

212eric V.P.

PEOPLE'S CHOICE GUIDE CANCUN

10. Re: Shortest Lead time you've ever booked?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 04:17