We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Those who fly out of Minneapolis I need your help please!

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
winnipeg, manitoba
Level Contributor
829 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Those who fly out of Minneapolis I need your help please!

My husband and I are planning a trip to Cancun in February for our 25th wedding anniversary. We are considering flying out of Minneapolis since our dollar is so strong now. In previous posts I saw people suggest Sun Country and MLT Vacations. Does Sun Country have charters that include air/hotel/transfers? I found MLT Vacations did, but the air is with Champion. Are they a good carrier? If we fly through the U.S. rather than Canada we can stay another 2 days extra for the same money. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Those who fly out of Minneapolis I need your help please!

Champion Air is a charter airline. Its alright, I've had good and bad experiences with it. Check out Funjet and NWA Vacations too. I flew Sun Country down to Cancun last year, and it was pretty good. Though they weren't gourmet, you get a hot sandwich on every leg of your flight on Sun Country, and that's pretty rare for coach nowadays. You should be able to book transfers with all of the vacation sites. Let me know if you have any more questions.

winnipeg, manitoba
Level Contributor
829 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Those who fly out of Minneapolis I need your help please!

Wow you're fast! lol Thanks

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,846 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Those who fly out of Minneapolis I need your help please!

Have to agree with ashmak. We fly out of Minneapolis to Cancun and have flown Champion, Ryan (both through Worryfreevacations.com) and SunCountry. They are all okay. I actually prefer charter as they don't bump you from flights usually.

Cheryl

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
705 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Those who fly out of Minneapolis I need your help please!

Hello

Yes you should be able to book your whole trip through Sun country. Though you will more than likely do it cheaper through mlt (worryfreevacations) or through NWA vacations.

mark

Broken Bow, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Those who fly out of Minneapolis I need your help please!

Sun Country is the greatest airline I have ever flown on. Get whatever else wherever you have to but I am sure they can do your entire package now.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Those who fly out of Minneapolis I need your help please!

I have used Worry Free 3 years in a row which charters Champion and it has always been fine!

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,834 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Those who fly out of Minneapolis I need your help please!

As others have said, I think you'll be happy with either one. But unless there is a big price difference, I'd give Sun Country the edge over MLT.

twincities...
Level Contributor
187 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Those who fly out of Minneapolis I need your help please!

NWA has issues !! worryfreevacations (champion)has the best prices and the best total packages and usually have straight flights i love that :) but you can't go wrong with Sun Country

PS: and i like the Humphreys Airport for both

winnipeg, manitoba
Level Contributor
829 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Those who fly out of Minneapolis I need your help please!

Thank you to everyone for your help.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
536 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Those who fly out of Minneapolis I need your help please!

Try funjet as well. They usually book Champion, Ryan, and Suncountry. I always try funjet, worry free, and hobbit travel and compare prices. I've flown Champion and Ryan and both have been great!