We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Parnassus & Great Parnassus Question...

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester, Minnesota
Level Contributor
86 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Golden Parnassus & Great Parnassus Question...

If you book at the Golden Parnassus do you get full privileges at the new Great Parnassus? The reason I’m asking is because I noticed that the Golden doesn’t have a swim up bar, but the Great does…I’ve always wanted to try one…funny…I know!

Thanks,

Holly

columbus ohio
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden Parnassus & Great Parnassus Question...

Yes you have full privileges at both resorts. The Great also has a swim up bar on the 2nd floor in the adults only section

Okie
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden Parnassus & Great Parnassus Question...

hs...You do get full privileges and we went over to the Great for the day a couple of weeks ago

The adults only area is pretty cool...Nice panoramic view of the lagoon and the pool w/ the swimup bar is pretty good sized....Was only maybe 20 people in the entire adults only area

We stuck ourselves to those seats for a few hours ate lunch and headed back to Golden

Other than the 1,000 kids at the main pools we were pretty impressed with the Great...Good changeup to spend a few hours over there

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden Parnassus & Great Parnassus Question...

If you've been reading about the Great here, it seems the kids do go in the swim up bar pool (the main pool area). When we were there in Feb., it didn't really matter because the place was almost deserted. But I'm wondering why they haven't stopped this and allowed adults only to access this pool. The infinity pool set up seems huge, but it is really hard to access entrance and exits in the second and third tiers. Just a small ladder at each side to get in and out.The first tier that is easily accessable, in and out, had all the chairs taken up by families, yet the kids were in the swim up bar pool. The middle tier is where all the pool activities occured, and unless you were willing to risk getting soaked and/or hit with volley balls, you'd end up at the third tier, which was mostly empty, but the water wasn't filtering properly and I more than once ended up with a green ring around the top of my bathing suit. As stated above, they had an adults only pool, but I went to Cancun to see the ocean, and since you couldn't get in the water the majority of the days we were there, we stayed at the pool facing the ocean, not up on the roof. So, don't pick a place just because it has a swim up bar, there are other considerations.

Okie
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden Parnassus & Great Parnassus Question...

mo32....I agree with you we didn't want any part of the swim up bar by the main pools...I think that whole area and the vast majority of the resort is all about the kids so if there is an adults only swim up then no harm in letting them rule that one

Saw plenty of the ocean at the Golden the other 4 days.....The view is nice from the adults only area...Pretty cool being able to sit in a pool with a swim up bar that high up...Good midtrip changeup imo

North Wales
Level Contributor
154 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golden Parnassus & Great Parnassus Question...

Yeah you can go up to the Great and use the swim up bar. We've just come back from the Golden and had a great holiday. I have to tell you that we visited the Great one day and came straight back on the next shuttle, the place is a hole!!! I'm not exagerating, everyone who went up for a visit hated it.

ireland
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Golden Parnassus & Great Parnassus Question...

have to agreee with taylor24 we visited the great and stayed an hour, its over run with children and the sun beds are on top of each other no peace compared to the golden, the golden also has a far nicer beach.

Okie
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golden Parnassus & Great Parnassus Question...

did you guys check out the adults only area?

I agree...Was a million kids in the main pool area...We didn't spend any time down there other than to grab a burger...But I still think it would be a pretty cool place to take kids when they aren't sitting at 100% capacity

The adults only area had plenty of peace and quiet

North Wales
Level Contributor
154 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Golden Parnassus & Great Parnassus Question...

I did check out the adult area Easy, but we weren't impressed there either. It was empty up there and it just looked dirty, you had a good view but that was about it. By the way Easy, I never sussed out who you were whilst I was in the Golden, we probably stood by each other in the Tiki Bar and never knew it.

stoughton,ma
Level Contributor
310 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Golden Parnassus & Great Parnassus Question...

Guys, the Great is a family resort-so guess what-there are kids at the pool. There is a very relaxing adult pool with an awesome view of the lagoon. The drinks are great and service is good-and relax-you,re in Cancun,

Okie
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Golden Parnassus & Great Parnassus Question...

yeah taylor I was out at the tiki most nights....Were you out there with the guy from Arkansas who made everyone stand up and tell where you were from?

About a 1000 times in a row :-)