We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation Over-- How 2 deal with post-vacation depression?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Vacation Over-- How 2 deal with post-vacation depression?

We came back this Saturday from a one week stay in Cancun. Luckily, we just barely missed the hurricane chaos.

So now that I'm back from a wonderful vacation--I feel somewhat depressed that it's all over...

What do you do to get over the post-vacation depression??

thanks

Birmingham AL
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation Over-- How 2 deal with post-vacation depression?

Where did you stay?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation Over-- How 2 deal with post-vacation depression?

Due to our tight budget, my husband and I decided to stay at the Grand Oasis this time. We preferred to spend the money on excursions and sacrifice on the hotel.

Grand Oasis was a 7/10. After reading the reviews--we knew not to expect too much. But regardless of the spring break environment--my husband and I had a great time. How could you not with the beautiful carribean sea? Cancun is beautiful!

We usually stay at Dreams Resorts (We've been to Dreams Cancun, PV, and Tulum).

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation Over-- How 2 deal with post-vacation depression?

I know the feeling. We have been back for almost a month now and I am still going thru post vacation depression....Now I am trying to see how we can go back next year!

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation Over-- How 2 deal with post-vacation depression?

We have been back for nearly 6 months now and I still go through this!!! Fortunately, we are blessed enough to be able to go back in 5 1/2 more months. I've always felt that half the fun is the anticipation of the trip because it goes by way too fast! Hopefully you can go again!! Until then, I read TA way too much!

Level Contributor
966 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vacation Over-- How 2 deal with post-vacation depression?

On our return flight home ....... we always begin talking about and planning our next vacation, ,that way it gives you something to start looking forward to and planning all over again ......... works for us :) :)

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
429 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vacation Over-- How 2 deal with post-vacation depression?

dreams, go thru it every year. We go in April and usually come back to wet, rainy weather........how depressing. First year we went, when we got back I hated the world. lol Seriously did not quit talking about the place for months. It's our vacation of choice now and has been for 3 yrs. Hopefully a lot more years to go.

I usually go get my pics developed so I have them to keep looking at. Simply Luv Cancun!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
586 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vacation Over-- How 2 deal with post-vacation depression?

Hi, the only thing you can do is book another trip, and wait,wait,wait. My friend says everytime I come back from Cancun I should see a shrink, He says I mope around all the time when we get back. What can I say.......

My name is Ken and I'm a Cancun Addict.

Ken.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vacation Over-- How 2 deal with post-vacation depression?

I've been back since March 22 of this year and I'm still depressed! lol....

Only 220 more days!!!! rofl

Illinois City...
Level Contributor
429 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vacation Over-- How 2 deal with post-vacation depression?

lol magik, I know what you mean. been back since May 2nd and not sure if coming on TA helps or hurts. ;)

I think we are going in Feb next year.

Redondo Beach...
Level Contributor
505 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Vacation Over-- How 2 deal with post-vacation depression?

Just start planning for another.

Not sure what your budget is but Palace resorts offer some included tours