We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On Felix's tail

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
On Felix's tail

Unfortunately, there is another low forming off the Cape Verde Islands. Wait, pray , and hope everyone in their paths are fine !

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/

Peace!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,741 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: On Felix's tail

A bit too early too worry about that. These will be popping up all season.

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: On Felix's tail

I agree with Robert because of his experience of living in the area. These things do pop up all the time. That is why they call it hurricane season.

It is something to keep an eye on, but it is too early to worry about it.

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,836 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: On Felix's tail

And, I agree with both, Rob and Bob from the Coz Board regarding this thread and the "low" mentioned by the thread starter, Singer, it's far to early to be concerned with this, with far to many variables involved at this point.

Future Hurricane Felix (just shy of a CAT 1 on the Saffir/Simpson Scale currently) does however warrant continued observation for the North-Central Belize and Southern Yucatan at this time.

BSQ
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5,581 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: On Felix's tail

I wish folks would wait and see if it's actually heading to the area before posting about tropical storms. This kidna knee jerk reactions could make some travelers unnecessarily nervous.

just my 2 cents. I know it happens every year on here, but it's still my wish. I'll go throw a peso in the fountain now.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: On Felix's tail

Don't worry . Not to fear . It will never happen again !

Peace!!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: On Felix's tail

I wish people on here would allow people to have their own opinions with being flamed.

mrmakey , has as much right to his opinion as do I or anyone else. I resent people flaming me for the mere fact of saying; "Unfortunately, there is another low forming off the Cape Verde Islands. Wait, pray , and hope everyone in their paths are fine !"

Never once did I mention Cancun, or any other island for that matter. But there are some on here who for some strange unknown reason extrapolate that into my stating that Cancun is going to be affected.

BSQ,

"I wish folks would wait and see if it's actually heading to the area before posting about tropical storms. This kidna knee jerk reactions could make some travelers unnecessarily nervous."

Am I not allowed to post the obvious. That there is a low forming off the Cape Verde Islands? Make travelers unnecessarily nervous? Are you suggesting people should not be made aware of a the possibilities of bad weather if traveling on vacation. Another thing no one on here should be so cavalier about hurricanes. When you stated in another thread I started you wrote; "go right ahead. I'll go get some popcorn." To me a very insensitive statement. Hurricanes kill people, destroy homes, deprive people of making a living and so on and so on and so on. There are thousands of people who read this and other forums. If any of these people are "unnecessarily nervous" it has nothing to do with me , mrmakey or anyone else. It has to do with the weather and the consequences the weather brings. If they are "unnecessarily nervous" it is more than likely to do with the damage, loss of life etc. caused by Wilma, Emily, Dean, Gilbert, Hugo, Mitch, Charlie, Andrew and dozens of other hurricanes over the years. Should people be scared if there is a possibility they are traveling into danger; you bet !

As I stated on an earlier thread after being "scolded" / "flamed" for puttijng up a link to wunderground;" Don't worry . Not to fear . It will never happen again !" So be assured I will NEVER post a link or alert anyone of anything because you believe it is; unnecessary.

When mill1045 started a thread:

"Anyone else scared by felix?" Your reply; "advice: don't worry about it.

bent out of shape? well yeah, but gosh it's your honneymoon, so it's understandable. Have a margarita and relax."

Are you entitled to your opinion; you bet,just as I am. I have never suggested what you should or should not write, so afford me the same respect.I will not sit back and be admonished by someone who is sitting behind their computer and advising me of what I should and should not post!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: On Felix's tail

I wish people on here would allow people to have their own opinions with being flamed. Should have read; without being flamed.

BSQ
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5,581 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: On Felix's tail

popcorn's ready

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,836 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: On Felix's tail

Singer~ I can only speak for myself here but the concern here with the thread is not the content regarding the storm but as stated, the prematurity to it involving the data, at the time of post. The storm has yet to develop though expected it is to. On other boards I follow, the second potential storm has been mentioned as a secondary issue to Hurricane Felix. Unfortunately perhaps, here on T/A, with large numbers of people following the storms, people become confused as to which storm is being discussed (see this same thread) and some readers get to the point of online hysteria involving the slightest mention of the storm, "any" storm.

This isn't necessarily through any fault or intention of you in the thread but a common reaction many of us have seen involving the tropical storm threads, a reaction, which we attempt to avoid in varying degrees.

From my vantage, please do keep posting and personally, I find your input to the board helpful in most instances but do understand that if we disagree sometimes, that it's not necessarily flaming, just a difference of opinion. ;-)

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: On Felix's tail

Dangers,

I appreciate your post. With all due respect; on the other hand people should not be able to, or attempt to censor any information regarding a potential threat to the well being of any traveler. People, usually, do not plan their vacations a week in advance but schedule far in advance. They are scheduled on airlines , have reservations at hotels etc.. I believe if there is a potential for a storm out in the Atlantic or the Caribbean , and it is being reported as such by professional meteorologist, people should be made aware of a potential threat. We should never restrain or restrict any information of a potential storm only to satisify people who may feel people ,myself in this instance, are being unnecessarily alarmist. Can my post be looked at as "alarmist" ? Possibly but I, and most people, would rather be informed than to walk into a situation where my or their family is in harm's way.

Jim Cantore and others, on various TV stations, were criticized, by many people on here and elsewhere, for over - reacting. Well , ONLY, ( how ironic one is too many) twelve people died in the Yucatan as a result of Hurricane Dean. Maybe, just maybe, what people considered over reaction by the media saved some lives. I remember Hurricane Mitch in '05 when it killed over 10,000 people in Central America. The reason the majority of those people died is because they were not warned. Most of those poor folks died in their sleep, in little mountain huts,from mud slides , because they were not privy to a TV , radio, and definitely not the internet. And trust me , I have no visions of granduer when it comes to any of my post saving lives but I refuse to restrict any information which may be helpful to anyone.

Peace!!