We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

resort for moms and teens

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Arkadelphia...
Level Contributor
204 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
resort for moms and teens

My friend and I are taking our teen boys 10,13,14,15 to cancun area for spring break. Any suggestions of hotel to look into and places to avoid?

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: resort for moms and teens

I would look into Cancun Palace, Crown Paradise Club, or GR Solaris. Avoid the Oasis properties or some of the more inexpensive resorts around the club scene. Make sure you don't book at resorts that allow spring breakers. Most of the resorts have information on that on this site.

Melville, New York
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: resort for moms and teens

depends on what you like - is beach important?

Moon Palace is not in the heart of cancun but has paintball avail(*extra charge) , miniature golf kids clubs but beachisn't great - it also includes 3 free tours - there is a ferry boat or a bus ride to wet & wild water park - a good 1/2 day trip -

a drawback however is that it is sooooooo big - 2 lobbies 2000 rooms - you can get rooms near onanother but easy for the boys to wander off - we used walkie talkies to keep intouch but you have to have pretty good ones.

Arkadelphia...
Level Contributor
204 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: resort for moms and teens

thanks so much guys. we are leaning towards the GR Solaris. Where is it in regards to the Ritz? We are flying from Memphis and needing 2 rooms, what would be a reasonable price ? We are getting around $1200 pp for 5 or 6 nts I think on Apple. Any other sites to suggest for a good price?

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,846 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: resort for moms and teens

GRSolaris is several bus stops south on the long arm of the 7 from the Ritz. It's maybe a 10 minute bus ride. Does that help?

Buses are safe, cheap (literally 65 cents each way) and run all the time. Everyone rides buses unless they are carrying lots of stuff or going somewhere special and then they grab a cab. Cabs are also readily available and reasonable (not cheap but reasonable in a New York City kind of way).

Cheryl

Cordova, Tennessee
Level Contributor
906 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: resort for moms and teens

Have you tried NWA.com? You can stay at the Riu Caribe 5 nights in March for $1245. We stay here every year with our teen boys. It's not huge and there's lots of beach activities. Kayaks, peddle boats, beach volleyball, soccer, tequila pool volleyball for you! haha We always feel safe letting our kids go where they want around the resort. The food and drinks are great and plenty. The boys will love the pizza "hut".

manchester
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: resort for moms and teens

hi there

the two obvious ones for me are

the riu cancun

or the barcello tucancun

barry and mary

Arkadelphia...
Level Contributor
204 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: resort for moms and teens

ill check these out.. thanks so much for helping!

tammy

8. Re: resort for moms and teens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 05:26