We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need a good hotel for kids

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, TX
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
need a good hotel for kids

I am looking into taking a "family vacation" next year - at that time, our boys will be 3 & 4 - can anyone recommend a good - kid friendly hotel, with great food, nice calm beach, and a good pool.... thanks so much!!

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need a good hotel for kids

I'd check out the Ambiance Villas. If you are into luxury though, don't bother. They are very basic/simple rooms, but the beach makes up for it! Excellent for kids. Almost like a lake. So calm that the only waves are when a jet ski (very rarely) or a boat at a distance goes by. I'd float around in my floatie and it is swallow for a long ways out. The pool was nice too (we really didn't use it to take advantage of the beach) and there is a small playground equipment on site and a kiddie pool as well. We loved the food. It is an AI option. We chose not to do the AI. We stayed their for the first time this past February and just booked again for February '08. Check out the reviews and pictures on this site (scroll down and to the left). We did not have our son with us on our trip, but commented many times how he would have loved the water and beach area and how great it would be for children.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: need a good hotel for kids

thank you so much!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,441 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: need a good hotel for kids

Here are a few resorts I recommend with good kid's programs/clubs and excellent pools:

Hilton Golf & Spa Resort-This is a European Plan resort

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150807-d152892…

Le Meridien-this is also an EP resort, but higher end

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150807-d154001…

Club Med

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150807-d152890…

Crown Paradise Club

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150807-d155814…

Dreams Resort-this resort has a dolphin experience on premises

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150807-d152887…

Great Parnassus

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150807-d634235…

Rather than go on and on with suggestions, I recommend you investigate these resorts and narrow down your decision with what other people suggest. There are a lot of great resorts for families but don't worry whatever you do about making the right choice. The people who post here are real Cancun experts and will definitely point you in the right direction.

Have fun planning your vacatioin,

212eric V.P.

PEOPLE'S CHOICE GUIDE CANCUN

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: need a good hotel for kids

thanks agiain!! you guys are great

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: need a good hotel for kids

You should also check out Cancun Palace and GR Solaris :-)

6. Re: need a good hotel for kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 14:20