We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best airport transfers?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancaster...
Level Contributor
128 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Best airport transfers?

I decided to book a private transfer again and am wondering which is considered the best? We have used Entertainment Plus for the past 3 times and the last time was NOT a good experience. So I am looking to try another company and I don't mind paying more if it is better. Thanks for suggestions!

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best airport transfers?

try cancunvalet.com, Best Day or Olympus Tours

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
586 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best airport transfers?

Hi, we have used both Best Day and Entertainment Plus, we haven't had a problem with either one. Both were on time and very polite.

Ken

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best airport transfers?

We have had a wonderful experience with GetDita, they are on time and friendly. We highly recommend them.

West Bloomfield...
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best airport transfers?

Used Cancunvalet last year to get to Playa Del Carmen. Right on schedule at the airport and 15 minutes early at the hotel for the return trip.

I will definitely use them again, also we had a private driver who asked us if we wanted to stop at a store for beer or anything else we might need.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best airport transfers?

We used American Express Travel a couple weeks ago. No problems and very friendly.

www.americanexpressdsmmexico.com

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best airport transfers?

what happened with Entertainment Plus?

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
128 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best airport transfers?

We were forever getting picked up at the airport, standing in the heat. When we finally got in the car, the driver started to leave the airport area (after never saying one word to us) and all of the sudden these men stepped out and stopped the car. Of course, I couldn't understand what they said but they appeared to be very angry and there was a lot of arguing and this went on for a good 10 minutes while we sat there in the midst of it. We kept saying "what is the problem" and he never answered us, just kept on arguing. Finally, he gave one guy some money and they let him go. He never said a word and was not nice at all. Whatever it was about, I was truly fearful and I won't endure that again.

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
298 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best airport transfers?

So I'm correct in assuming that it is better to prebook transfers rather than just getting a taxi?

9. Re: Best airport transfers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 10:19