We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car renting in Cancun

Missouri
Level Contributor
91 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Car renting in Cancun

My husband and I have never rented a car before. We need to rent a car for 8 days from Cancun and was wondering which company to go through. I would like to book online if possible. Also the insurance that they say is included on some sites, is that what you actually need? Also what is the zero deductible and is it worth it?

kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car renting in Cancun

Why do you need to rent a car? we have been to cancun many times and never had the need to rent a car. bus is so much fun-if you are in an accident in rental-it will be your fault regalrdless of details!

Missouri
Level Contributor
91 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car renting in Cancun

We are going to be useing the bus alot but for these 8 days we must have a rental car. I can't rent it till march anyway (i turn 25) so I am just trying to find out the best places and what i need to have, insurance wise.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car renting in Cancun

I've rented and had a blast. But I've been to the region several times and speak enough of the language and know enough about the area sub-culture not to be bothered. As well I was staying outside of the hotel zone further south. Getting around was a bit more of a challenge so a car was a good idea.

In the hotel zone you are more likely to be targeted by bad cops and savy locals especially if you drink or it is apparent that anybody in your vehicle may be drinking.

4. Re: Car renting in Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 09:18