We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using BestDay for the first time: A couple ?'s

USA
Level Contributor
613 posts
Save Topic
Using BestDay for the first time: A couple ?'s

I've flown into Cancun several times but will be using BestDay for the first time. I have just a couple questions:

Will they have BestDay signs outside the airport and I just flag one of those guys down or should I be looking for my name? I usually just make a beeline for the collectivo in an attempt to get through the madness as quickly as possible...and haven't really paid attention to how BestDay works entirely.

Also when booking a roundtrip transfer with them, do I have the ability to set the time for pickup (heading back to the airport) if I book online or how does that work?

Just curious how the whole process works. Thanks for any info!

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Using BestDay for the first time: A couple ?'s

We have used Best Day for our first and only trip to Cancun. We were pleased and plan to use them again this coming year. Just make a beeline for outside and they will be holding up Best Day signs. They will have your name/reservation on a clip board. I did not see our name on a sign though. I think you can list your time when you make the reservation; however we only used Best Day from the airport to Cancun and used a taxi (shared with another couple that met us in Mesico) from Playa del Carmen back to the airport (we stayed 1 week in Cancun and 1 week in PDC). As mentioned, we do plan to use them again. No complaints. They do make other stops. You are sharing the van with others.

columbus ohio
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Using BestDay for the first time: A couple ?'s

Have only used them once and they were prompt and courteous. There was a rep in our hotel who set the time for the return pickup. They have several hotel drop offs and pick ups so the time on return was a little earlier than I had hoped

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
68 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Using BestDay for the first time: A couple ?'s

I just returned from Cancun on Oct. 18th. We also used Best Day. They were right outside after you leave immigration. They will then tell you where to go. Once you get to the hotel, they will want to meet with you once again to make arrangements to take you back to airport. They will pick you up 3 hours before your flight home. It was not abd at all, because when we got to the hotel, we checked in, had lunch and then shopped a little and it was already time to get on our plane. The best day emplyees are very helpfull, however, they will hound you and try to take you baggage for you and expect a tip all the time. Also, you will be harassed once you get to Cancun and are ready to go to your hotel.

4. Re: Using BestDay for the first time: A couple ?'s

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 14:19