We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun Weather - Right Now

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
231 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Cancun Weather - Right Now

Anyone in Cancun at the moment? What's the weather been like? I just looked at the weather reports directly from the Palace Resorts website and it says it high 60's in Cancun, and cloudy. The long-range forecast calls for highs in the 70's and couple of 80's days, and cloudy for most of the next week.

We leave for Cancun a week from Thursday. Any chance it's really closer to low 80's for highs with passing clouds and showers at present?

Thanks!

Barrie, Ontario...
Level Contributor
818 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancun Weather - Right Now

<i{m at the Excellence Riviera right now. The weather is surprisingly cool. The sun is just fighting to get out as it has been overcast this morning with about 1 minute of rain. <you can still wear t shirts and shorts but definitely a sweater for women in the evening. This is unusual. <i{ve been here over xmas and it was quite a bit warmer. Don{t worry. <i rather like it as you are not breaking a sweat every waking minute.

Oregon
Level Contributor
21 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancun Weather - Right Now

Hi Awetum...we leave a week from Fri., so I have the same questions as you do!!

Michigan
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancun Weather - Right Now

I second that! We leave Saturday and hear it is cloudy, windy and much cooler than normal. Can anyone else verify? I am starting to re-think what I need to pack! thanks.

West Seneca, New...
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancun Weather - Right Now

Pack you ski hats and mittens. Make sure to bring long johns and turtle necks also...LOL!!!

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cancun Weather - Right Now

The weather is sunny with fantastic temeratures if you stand in the sun for about 3 minutes you will break a sweat but it is no nice in the shade, we finally wear long sleeve T-shirts without sweating.

I am in Cancun.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
231 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cancun Weather - Right Now

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it gets warmer over the next week. I'd like a couple of hot days by the pool. And anything under mid 80's is cool for my Florida born spouse so I hope it gets a wee bit warmer and warms the water up some.

Here's hoping!

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cancun Weather - Right Now

We have actually been searching out the sun b/c the wind makes it downright chilly. The highs have been low 80's but very strong winds from a Norte. We have found that the further south the warmer it is. The Moon palace felt 4-5 degrees warmer than the Sun. You will need a sweater/cardigan for the evenings. We always travel the first of November and have never experienced temps this low here. You will still have a great time just head the warning of having something long sleeved.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
386 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cancun Weather - Right Now

slhb - what are the temps like at night? We're arriving tomorrow morning and I'm already packed but it sounds like I might have to re-think my wardrobe and re-pack. A little nervous here... we usually travel in November also and it's never been chilly down there. Hope you're having a great time!

Newton Abbot, Devon
Level Contributor
275 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cancun Weather - Right Now

I have had a look at the 15 day forcast on the ACCU weather site and it does look as though we can expect higher temps next week, it looks as though the wind direction maybe changing. Fingers crossed first visit to CANCUN and we are really hopping for plenty of sunshine. Peter - England

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cancun Weather - Right Now

Peter, we are off to cancun next week too!! really looking forward to it.