We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Blanc vs. Royal

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York, New York
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Le Blanc vs. Royal

Hi Everyone!

My husband and I are looking to head to Cancun in late february. A little background, we are late twenties, from NYC, and looking for an AI, adult only thatis upscale but not... stuffy. Right now I am between the Le Blanc and the Royal and would appreciate any advice.

My concerns with the Le Blanc is that it will be too quiet and relaxing for us. I like to hear music by the pool, and have nightlife at the hotel bar and I'm worried that Le Blanc might be a little to low key during the day even. The Royal seems another great choice, but with a smaller beach.

Any other recommendations or advice on where to stay? I've been to Cancun several times (albeit on spring break which seems like lifetimes ago :) ) so I know there is tons of nightlife only a short bus ride away but I am concerned both hotels might be too low key for the rest of the vacation. There is also the Cancun Palace that looked nice as well and much less expensive. ahhhh, what to do!

THanks in advance!!!!

Westland, Michigan
Level Contributor
683 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Blanc vs. Royal

Hi Capri,

I don't think you'll go wrong with either resort - TA rates them as 4 (Le Blanc) and 5 (The Royal). Check out this site:

http://www.robino.info/

You can print a copy of The Royal property layout - plus there is a nice video of the Le Blanc.

We're headed to The Royal on 12-22 through 12-29 and can't wait.

Hope this helps.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
223 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Blanc vs. Royal

My husband and I have been to both and liked both of them very much. They are 2 of our favorite resorts. I would lean towards The Royal if you want a little more activity. Also all rooms at The Royal are ocean view. The service and food are great at both, but The Royal has a few more choices and no reservations are required. I would not consider the Cancun Palace in the same category. It's not adults only. Enjoy your vacation.

somewhere
Level Contributor
3,075 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Blanc vs. Royal

The Royal is tending to book up rather quickly, so whatever you decide I would say do it soon.

The Royal does seem to have more of a nightlife than Le Blanc, however, it's not rocking wild times. I've described it as soccer moms gone wild. It's fun, and I don't mean it in a bad way, but it's not like a nightclub. More like a local bar atmosphere. :)

New York, New York
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Le Blanc vs. Royal

Thanks for your help guys! Hubby and I just booked and we are headed to The Royal, Feb. 22-29th and we CAN'T WAIT!!! I just booked because the prices this morning vs. late on Expedia were about $600 cheaper.. so I just pulled the trigger and now we are all set! I hope the beach will be a little bit larger by then but either way.. I know we are going to have a wonderful time.

Thanks again!

somewhere
Level Contributor
3,075 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Le Blanc vs. Royal

Congrats! You're going to have a great time!

6. Re: Le Blanc vs. Royal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 16:16