We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me out, Golden Parnassus

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
108 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Help me out, Golden Parnassus

We are booked for the later part of February. This will be our fourth time staying there. I have been reading more and more negative reviews about the resort such as lack of hot water and surly front desk help. I can see the occasional malcontented person who can never be satisfied, but the numbers of dissatisfied guests seem to be increasing. Can anybody who has recently stayed there clue me in? Any help will be appreciated.

Martinsburg, West...
Level Contributor
264 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me out, Golden Parnassus

We were there in November, and never had any problems. The water was warm in the late afternoon when everyone seemed to be getting ready for dinner but we never had a problem in the morning. Our air conditioner worked fine the whole time, I actually had to turn it off most days. The only problem we had, and it was minor, was it took 3 1/2 hours for our dinner in the room from start to finish, but like I said it was no big deal and the waiter was very nice. His wife had just had a baby and he was so happy telling us all about it. I actually thought the front desk staff was the nicest I've seen them and wrote an email to Yanina stating that. I wouldn't worry about anything.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
108 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me out, Golden Parnassus

Thanks for your quich response. Anybody else out there been to the GP lately?

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me out, Golden Parnassus

Just got back from GP on Sat 1st Dec. As I stated in another post, there was a "hot" water problem during the peak hours, but ok at 6am...:) We had a great time. Had the same "no info" at check-in, but asked later and they gave me a little booklet (however, I already knew all about it from TA:):) We had "Golden" room 504 and our air-conditioning was so cold, had to turn temp up!...plus, it DIDN'T turn off when patio doors were open, which was a plus. Room was fine, staff was pleasant, helpful and honest. Food very good. I have to say, that the only complain I heard while there from any other guest, was about the lack of hot water....oh, and they ran out of Bacardi and Smirnoff for a couple of hours at the Tiki bar one day!.....too many good drinks being given out!....llol Hope this helps, Margaret

columbus ohio
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me out, Golden Parnassus

As most readers of TA know, I stay at the Golden 5-6 times a year, and my last trip in November was the only time I had trouble with the water. If you showered at 6am like margaret said, or at 11pm then it was fine, but trying to take a warm shower at peak times, 7-9am or 5-7pm it was kind of tepid. I talked to management re this, and was told they had been having problems. Well, I will be going back for 4 weeks in January, and I sincerely hope it`s been taken care of. Cold showers in January, are really not my cup of tea!!.............jean

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
108 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help me out, Golden Parnassus

Thanks for your responses. I think maybe the resort just had a bad week.

6. Re: Help me out, Golden Parnassus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 02:17