We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timeshare harassement

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
139 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Timeshare harassement

Just reading posts on various hotels & the timeshare reps that harass you.

Things to do:

AVOID them at the airport, just past customs. Tell them 'no' and keep walking. They offer you all sorts of wonderful things. Remember the old saying - "If it's too good to be true...."

Hotels - Ignore them at the hotel, avoid all "offers" for free breakfast, 60% off day trips, etc. Work with the concierge of the hotel ONLY.

Phone calls - One reported that they were getting called in the middle of the night between 2am - 4am. Hey folks, do what you do at home - either take the phone off the hook or unplug it until the morning.

If there's more ideas folks can add, please do so. I ran into these type of people in Atlantic City, NJ back in the day.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
3,309 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Timeshare harassement

This is the worst part of vacationing in Mexico. It's only a problem the first time you go and don't realize whats going on. After the first time they become minor inconveniences and at times a source of amusement.

kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Timeshare harassement

just ignore them -dont make them a part of your vacation. not that big of a dael

Portsmouth, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,465 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Timeshare harassement

We just say no gracis. Never had a problem, but I see where it could be for those who have never been there before. Always remember the Mexican minute when they tell you how long the presentation will be. If I'm on a vacation, I surely don't want to waste a good part of one day with someone trying to sell me something I don't want or need.

If you go to a presentation, don't agree to purchase anything until after you return home and have had time to think about it.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Timeshare harassement

Just say no no no ´no and head straight for the door to the outside. They will pretend to be some airport official helping you confirm your ride reservation. I´ve been here 8 times and almost got tricked yesterday.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,290 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Timeshare harassement

I say nothing to any of the timeshare scum, just ignore them and keep walking. They really dont deserve any polite answer.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
525 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Timeshare harassement

I wear a big cardboard sign around my neck:

"I JUST FILED FOR BANKRUPTCY"

7. Re: Timeshare harassement

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 17:19