We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palace members ?

Des Moines
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Palace members ?

can someone explain the difference between the Air Inclusive referral program and the Fly Free program?

Des Moines
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Palace members ?

bump

Minnesota
Level Contributor
537 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palace members ?

I believe the air inclusive referral program is how you refer people then if they go to the sales pitch you can earn the free airline tickets "Fly Free program".

Are you a member? Does anyone fee that the AI fees are getting out of hand?

Belle River, Ontario
Level Contributor
396 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palace members ?

hmmm...what do you mean by "fees" (do you mean the '08 AI rates)? we became new members last year and are using a free week this February.

Burlington
Level Contributor
480 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palace members ?

The Ai fees are getting a tad high. We have been members for about 12 years when it was the Sun Club, or Sierra Radisson..I foget which as it has been through a number of changes.

With the AI fees it can be cheaper to book outside of Palace through a travel agent rather than pay for a flight and add the AI fees. At least with the cost of flights from Canada that is true.

Bob

Minnesota
Level Contributor
537 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palace members ?

Yes, I mean the 2008 AI fees. We've only been members for 4 years and the fees have gone up over 300 bucks! It seems for Minneapolis it is cheaper to book through a Travel Agent too.

Lancaster, MN
Level Contributor
361 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palace members ?

I agree about the fees. Pretty soon we won't be saving any money. I think members such as myself need to step up and say this is even increase.

Lancaster, MN
Level Contributor
361 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palace members ?

I mean enough, not even oops

Minnesota
Level Contributor
537 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palace members ?

I agree but where do we start?

Burlington
Level Contributor
480 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Palace members ?

The published AI fees for VAllarta Palace for 2008 is 2177 for 2 in Feb. For the Avebtura Spa it is 2527 for 2

These two hotle were advertised today at 200 per person, taxes in.

Fro Toronto an air only flight to Mexico is about 800 taxes in.

At best the cost for members is a wash..At worst it's a bit cheaper to go privately. This may be different in the States where you have more competition in the airlines and fares are probably cheaper

10. Re: Palace members ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 03:17