We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What should I take with me?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Salt Lake CIty, UT
3 posts
Save Topic
What should I take with me?

I am going to Cancun in a few days and would like to save as much money as possible. Do you think Booze and Beer are very inflated there? We usually bring some of our own liquor on cruises because they charge so much, but I am not sure if this is an issue at a resort in Cancun (not all-inclusive). Plus do you think food is very expensive? When my husband and I toured Eupore we ate PB&J every day for lunch so that we could enjoy a really nice meal for dinner, is food very expensive (more than USA)?

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What should I take with me?

Don't try bringing liquor into Mexico or food either. Go to Walmart and purchase whatever you need/want or one of the little grocery stores along the hotel zone. There are plenty of inexpensive places to eat. You just have to scout them out.

Salt Lake CIty, UT
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What should I take with me?

Oh thanks so much!!!

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What should I take with me?

We take some food (mainly breakfast bars) and plan to take some (not a lot) of alcohol with us. Why not? We just take it in our cooler (along with our lotions ect . . .) and check it in. And then use the cooler to keep beverages cold while we are there. It worked well last time and we plan to do it again this trip.

Saint Louis, MO
Level Contributor
115 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What should I take with me?

When we went to Cancun last year the airline made us throw away all the food we had packed in our carry-on. We only had granola bars, so it wasn't a big deal, but I would pack any food/drink in your checked bags just to be safe. We went to Cancun again this year and were never even questioned about it. Maybe something has changed.

5. Re: What should I take with me?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 15:16