We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bathing suits prices in Cancun?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
837 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Bathing suits prices in Cancun?

Does any one know how much it is to buy a bathing suit in Cancun? I need a new one and my hubby said to wait until we're there to get one. Here I can find one for around $40.00 but my husband laughed and called it a granny suit.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,835 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bathing suits prices in Cancun?

I'd say start shopping online. You'll never find one in Cancun for $40 unless you find something at Wal Mart. You'd be better off ordering one now and getting something that fits and that you want. There are a few stores but they mostly sell high end bikinis at high prices.

Cheryl

kansas city
Level Contributor
437 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bathing suits prices in Cancun?

Unless you are about 18 yrs old and a size 0 with an "A" cup chest, you might not be happy with what they have to offer in most places in Cancun. Maybe you COULD find something that fits you, but I know I sure couldn't!! I order from catalogs then I can try them on at home and return what doesn't fit me. I noticed at Target this week the swimsuits out.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
3,247 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bathing suits prices in Cancun?

Try the jcpenny.com on, I also like Landsend.com Our Target has bathing suits out now and Pennys has a few.

They are very expensive in Cancun and like the other poster said, mostly skimpy two pieces.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bathing suits prices in Cancun?

I live in canada and I can never find a suit for around $40.00, I've always have spent around at least $100.00 so if I was you I would buy it and if you can find another one there great and if not at least you have one.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
378 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bathing suits prices in Cancun?

I live in Edmonton and at West Edmonton Mall there is the La Vie en Rose Aqua store and I just bought 4 pices (2 tops, 2 bottoms) for $100 and they through in a free beach bag! They are very good quality and had a decent selection.

Here is a location for Winnipeg:

POLO PARK CENTRE

1485, Portage Avenue

Winnipeg, MB, R3G 0W4

(204) 774-2535

Call them to see if they carry the swimwear line:-)

I bought a bikini in Mexico a few years ago and it was $70ish and not the greatest quality. Try to buy before you go if you can!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
378 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bathing suits prices in Cancun?

OMG, I need spell check!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
13,868 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bathing suits prices in Cancun?

I agree with the other posters. Buy at home, do not rely on finding one in Cancun. Lots of stores have them, but they are not for the average Jane, like me. Not to say they aren't perfect for you, but they are about $80 and up, and very small sizes.

In fact, all clothes stores in Cancun are small sizes. I really can't find anything above a size 6 roughly. Unfortunately, that leaves me out of the clothes shopping game in Cancun.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
262 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bathing suits prices in Cancun?

Another on line suggestion is Victoria Secrets. We just ordered a couple of swimsuits and it took 5 days (including the weekend) to arrive. Lots of selections.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,835 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bathing suits prices in Cancun?

My daughter always does Venus and Victoria's Secret before a trip. I'm a Lands End person myself....

Cheryl

iowa
Level Contributor
373 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bathing suits prices in Cancun?

I just ordered from Venus and they were here within a week. Decent prices and cute too! Free shipping right now with orders over $100!