We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun weather - midl-late Feb.

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cancun weather - midl-late Feb.

What should we expect as far as the weather in Cancun - mid to late February? Also, is this time frame before the rush of spring breakers?

Thank you!

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancun weather - midl-late Feb.

We were there last winter during the end of February - early March. As far as weather goes (which of course it can vary some), it was beautiful! About low- mid 80's and mostly sunny the whole time we were there. (We had 1 "rain shower" which literally consisted of a few drops of rain, so little that we had to question whether it was raining or not! That was funny being from Washington State). If you check the 10-day forecasts before you leave, we experienced that the weather was much better than the forecast ever showed it to be. As far as spring break, you will miss the rush. There may be some people on mid winter break or a Canadian break (sorry, can't remember the name), but the main crowds usually start in early March (they were arriving when we were leaving). Another words, the weather should be great and the crowds shouldn't be spring break huge!

Iowa
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancun weather - midl-late Feb.

Thank you!

windsor
Level Contributor
116 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancun weather - midl-late Feb.

i was there late february. we had rain about three or four days but just for a little while, and although it was sunny, i found it a little cool sometimes, there was a cool little breeze going the whole time i was there, especially at night. it was between 73-80F .

ny
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancun weather - midl-late Feb.

I am about to leave for club Med cancun the end of this week. the forcast looks bad!! Rain, 78-80 max. I picked this location for my kids(16&11) but regretting it. I hope the water will be warm!! I hope I am worring for nothing but don't think so!! My husband and I were in Cancun 20 years ago and it was so windy....and I have been hearing that again. Hopefully this Club Meds location blocks the wind! I can really use some positive reinforcement about now! I like it warm and the water to be real warm but how can that be when it goes down to 62degrees every night??????????????? help!!

Millertyme75
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Cancun weather - midl-late Feb.

I have discovered that those 10 day forcasts on the internet are never correct or accurate..Last year it said rain rain rain before our trip and when we arrived we did not see rain at all for 2 weeks!! None!! Every year we go to Cancun the forecasts say bad weather,and we haven't had any yet..

I am sure it will be fine..

Iowa
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cancun weather - midl-late Feb.

We leave for Cancun next week! Oh, I hope your forecast is wrong. I'm counting on people saying that the weather is much better than what we read on the internet. It would be bad for it to be rainy and cool the whole time - I know that's much better than 20 below and snowy - what we have here now! However, we don't want to spend a lot of money on this trip just to spend time indoors there when we can do that at home!

I hope you have a wonderful trip and wonderful weather!

ny
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cancun weather - midl-late Feb.

I really hope so!! I have gotten myself so crazy about this....kicking myself in the head! We usually go very southern carribean just to avoid chilly nights and cold swimming water. I am going from Feb.15th.-Feb. 22nd. Have you gone this exact time period with good luck??

Chanhassen...
Level Contributor
680 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cancun weather - midl-late Feb.

I was in Cancun last February 17-23rd.

The day we got there - it was cool in the am - but were laying by the pool by noon.

The rest of the time it was beautiful and warm. I am generally the person who always needs a sweater and most nights I didn't even need one.

Even when those forecasts say that its going to be rainy weather - sometimes it ends up being a 5-10 minute rain shower. Check accuweather.com it appears to follow more what people have been saying about the weather.

You will have a great time - no worries!!

Delran, New Jersey
Level Contributor
646 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cancun weather - midl-late Feb.

I just came back from Cancun (Feb 6-9). The forecast on weather.com said 30% chance of rain and thunderstorms each day. We had nothing but blue sky and sunshine. The sea/ocean is warm and the sun is still hot. Enjoy!

Iowa
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cancun weather - midl-late Feb.

Thank you! That is great news..... hopefully that kind of weather holds over into next week!!