We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paradise snorkeling @ moon palace

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
seattle
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
paradise snorkeling @ moon palace

Has anyone gone on the paradise snorkeling tour offered through the palace resorts? Is it worth it?

Also can you touch the ground or is it in the middle of the ocean that need to wear a life jacket? We did the snorkling at isla mujeres and it was horrible!

Onley, Va
Level Contributor
492 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: paradise snorkeling @ moon palace

My husband and I went last February. , I thought the boat ride was wonderful. Most people jump into the water - I climbed down the ladder as I really am NOT a swimmer. I emjoyed paddling around the boat - but I was a little nervous getting too far from it. (This was my first time snorkeling) My husband really enjoyed the trip and went with the group out to the reef. EVERYONE had on the life jackets, I dont think that they touched the ground. On the ride back we had a really good time - the tour guides really were very entertaining and pleasant. After the boat ride you can either stay at the beach or choose one of the optional tours - parasailing, jetskiing, horseback riding...We did the horseback riding and both really loved it. Then there is a small buffet (fairly good) at the beach club, and you can pick up any pictures you may want to purchase, the pics were well worth the price.

If you are really an experienced snorkeler I dont know if you would enjoy it that much. Neither my husband nor I had ever tried before. I thought the view from the boat and the boat ride was worth it all by itself. This was our first trip to Mexico - so we wanted to do EVERYTHING.

boston
Level Contributor
93 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: paradise snorkeling @ moon palace

Hi all,

I am also considering the paradise snorkeling tour from the palace resorts. how long does the tour typically take?

thanks.

Riverside...
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: paradise snorkeling @ moon palace

We did this tour last April. You really are not in the water that long. Only about 1/2 an hour. If I remember correctly this tour had the life jackets that you inflate. If you are more experienced you blow less air into them. Everyone was required to have one on though. The day we were there the current was really strong. We were pretty exhausted after the swim back to the boat. The view is breathtaking.

Once you return to the beach club you have about an hour and a half before the buffet opens for lunch. That is the only thing that is included in the tour. You must pay for any other food, drinks, or actiivities that you do. We chose to just kick back on the beach, and enjoy a few drinks. The beach is really beautiful. The bus picked us up around 2:30 to head back to the resort.

boston
Level Contributor
93 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: paradise snorkeling @ moon palace

pennypenguin,

would you recommend the paradise snorkeling or the isla mujures (both of them the palace tours) to first timers to cancun?

seattle
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: paradise snorkeling @ moon palace

I wouldnt recomend the snorkeling at isla mujeres, they take you on a boat out in the middle of the ocean, and the swells that day were big a few of us got sick, and you dont really see that many fish, i was not impressed.

Silverdale...
Level Contributor
217 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: paradise snorkeling @ moon palace

Does anyone know where this tour is with respect to towns along the coast? And, if you wanted to bail out of the tour, are taxis nearby that would allow you to do so?

Riverside...
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: paradise snorkeling @ moon palace

The Paradise Snorkel Tour takes you to Maroma Beach Club. It is open to the public. If you wanted to leave I guess you could call a taxi to pick you up. You aren't really near anything though.

We have not been to the Isla Mujeres Tour yet. We will be going in a few weeks when we return to the Sun Palace. I have heard that the boat ride back from IM makes the trip fun. It is a real party atmosphere.

California
Level Contributor
111 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: paradise snorkeling @ moon palace

Hi, I just came back from Cancun this past Monday and we did the Paradise Snorkeling. It was by far the best package we had picked. You will be asked to wear life jacket. You can bring your own goggle and snorkel equipment or use the one they provide.We took the boat out to the middle of the ocean, then the guide will give you a brief instruction on how to snorkel and you are giving the option to jump off the boat or climb down the ladder. I jumped although I am not a good swimmer, I figure you can't drown with the life jacket on.

We were in the water for about 45 min and they had a guide in the water with us leading the group. He had fish food with him and began spreading them in the water so you will get to see the beautiful fish in the ocean. It was very nice and beautiful. A friend of mine even caught a starfish!

They also offered other water sports packages after snorkeling for different fee. You can choose parasailing (depend on the wind situation), scuba diving ($116 per person), ATV & Waverunner or speedboat for $116 per person or $95 per person for couples that share equipment.

I so wanted to book the same package again the next day but we had to go to Tulum & Xpu-Ha. If you're considering to see Tulum, I strongly recommend you go for just the Tulum Express trip package, that way you don't wait half day trap in the Xpu-Ha Palace doing nothing after lunch. it was VERY boring...soaked ourselves in the swimming pool. There was practically nothing to do. The snorkeling services offered in Xpu-Ha is just in a small swamp area of the resort...very small, and yes, there's alligators in there.

California
Level Contributor
111 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: paradise snorkeling @ moon palace

Hi, I just came back from Cancun this past Monday and we did the Paradise Snorkeling. It was by far the best package we had picked. You will be asked to wear life jacket. You can bring your own goggle and snorkel equipment or use the one they provide.We took the boat out to the middle of the ocean, then the guide will give you a brief instruction on how to snorkel and you are giving the option to jump off the boat or climb down the ladder. I jumped although I am not a good swimmer, I figure you can't drown with the life jacket on.

We were in the water for about 45 min and they had a guide in the water with us leading the group. He had fish food with him and began spreading them in the water so you will get to see the beautiful fish in the ocean. It was very nice and beautiful. A friend of mine even caught a starfish!

They also offered other water sports packages after snorkeling for different fee. You can choose parasailing (depend on the wind situation), scuba diving ($116 per person), ATV & Waverunner or speedboat for $116 per person or $95 per person for couples that share equipment.

I so wanted to book the same package again the next day but we had to go to Tulum & Xpu-Ha. If you're considering to see Tulum, I strongly recommend you go for just the Tulum Express trip package, that way you don't wait half day trap in the Xpu-Ha Palace doing nothing after lunch. it was VERY boring...soaked ourselves in the swimming pool. There was practically nothing to do. The snorkeling services offered in Xpu-Ha is just in a small swamp area of the resort...very small, and yes, there's alligators in there.

Anahuac, Texas
Level Contributor
274 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: paradise snorkeling @ moon palace

My wife and I have done both the Isla Mujeres and Paradise snorkeling excursions, and really enjoyed both. I would not consider that either of us are any more than average swimmers.

We went to Isla on a rainy day, and to Maroma on a sunny, but windy day. I think we saw more fish on the Isla trip, and had a blast on the boat coming back. The guides were real little entertainers.

If you are not confident, the strong current in both areas will bother you, but this IS ocean snorkeling. The life vests are mandatory by law in these waters with tour guides and will help you feel more secure.

I guess "whether it is worth it" would be an individual perspective issue. We had a good time.