We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence Playa Mujeres Room Loc. T-14 days and counting

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Dakota
11 posts
Save Topic
Excellence Playa Mujeres Room Loc. T-14 days and counting

My wife and I are traveling to EPM in 14 days and wondered if any of you who have been there would recommend a specific room? We reserved a Excellence Club Ocean View Room. Thanks for your help and I'm going to make sure and complete a review when we return. We stayed at the Punta Cana 3 years ago and loved it.

Looking forward to some fun in the sun.....

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,798 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres Room Loc. T-14 days and counting

Have a great time and I look forward to seeing some of the replies as we have booked the same room type for our holiday in May

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
385 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres Room Loc. T-14 days and counting

Building 9 high rise in my opinion. The low rise buildings aren't that private. Building 7 (we were in this one) wasn't as close to the beach & the sea as 8 & 9. Building 8 is on the side of the construction which does seem to have stopped (heavy construction) from watching this forum, but not great view until landscape and painting is complete.

Enjoy, very jealous ;-)

Boston MA
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres Room Loc. T-14 days and counting

Hey mytwogrlz

It seems that we have the same taste in traveling, on nearly the same schedule!!! We leave Sunday morning for EPM. We have booked an X-club Rooftop Suite., and cannot wait!!! We requested block 9 and got a messege stating that they would do their very best with our request. We will let all know our thoughts on the best locations for rooms. We were at their Punta Cana property 3 years ago also.(Secrets then) I wonder if we had met. It was the week before the Pats beat the Eagles in the Super Bowl. I clearly remember the big sign by the pool bar inviting all to the Super Bowl party. Anyway, I hope you enjoy your vacation. Have a great time!!!

South Dakota
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres Room Loc. T-14 days and counting

Hey All:

Thanks for all of the feedback on location as it sounds as if Bld #9 is the best location. Bostonman, we were in Punta Cana around the same time but we left a few days before the Superbowl. As a Minnesota fan, I think that you owe us as we developed Garnett and Moss and now you can cheer them on. I'm only suprised that you didn't get Santana as well. You can buy me a drink while we're at EPM to pay me back, hey there included so I guess you can buy me 10...

T-13 and counting

Mytwogrlz

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,798 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres Room Loc. T-14 days and counting

T - 94 and counting

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres Room Loc. T-14 days and counting

Just got back yesterday..Had an Excellence Club Ocean View room in building 7..I agree building 9 is a better building. 7 was not bad though! I honestly don't know what the difference is between and Excellence Club room vs a regular room other than the fact Excellence Club gets an ocean view! I will be posting my review in the next few days. Have a wonderful time..the resort is top notch! If you have any more questions, I would be happy to answer them..a review takes a few days to post.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,798 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres Room Loc. T-14 days and counting

Is the problem with #9 that the Excellence Club itself is on the other side of the complex.

What about #8?

philly
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres Room Loc. T-14 days and counting

Hello all:

We stayed at ERC last year and SRC the year before and will be at EPM in ~3 weeks. Does anyone have a link to a map of EPM and know which buildings are Excellence Club.

Thanks

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,798 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres Room Loc. T-14 days and counting

See link to their website below:

excellence-resorts.com/all-inclusive-resorts…

Link to Resort Map is on the front page.

Buildings 7, 8 & 9 are mostly Excellence Club

Enjoy

South Dakota
11 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres Room Loc. T-14 days and counting

Flipflop Man:

When I look at the map it does appear that if you stay in Bldg. 9, you will have to walk some to get to the Excellence Club loung area. We stayed at the Excellence in P.C. and all the E.C. rooms were located right next the their lounge. I can only assume that management might have saw it as an opportunity to get a higher rate by offering more Excellence Club Ocean View rooms. I believe that I also read that on Bldg. 9 they have a combination of E.C. and standard rooms (no difference between the two, just access priviledges to the private lounge).

Has anyone out there that has stayed at the resort recommend 8 or 9 as the best bldg? If one over the other what are the pros and cons of each?

T-12 and counting

Mytwogrlz