We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Parnassus access to Golden Parnassus?? anyone do it?

brainerd MN
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
Great Parnassus access to Golden Parnassus?? anyone do it?

Just curious if anyone has taken advantage of going over to the Adult only Golden resort when staying at The Great Parnassus?

Thinking of doing that for a day during our 8-day trip.

Thanks........

Saint Louis, MO
Level Contributor
115 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Parnassus access to Golden Parnassus?? anyone do it?

I stayed at the Golden and there were many people there that took advantage of this free change of pace. They said that the environment was a little more lively and that it gave them an opportunity to get away from the kids. I would check it out.

We meant to take a trip over to the Great Parnassus, but we were having so much fun that we never found time to tear ourselves away :). Enjoy!

Indiana
Level Contributor
186 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Parnassus access to Golden Parnassus?? anyone do it?

My husband and I went twice for cocktails. We had stayed at the Golden in 2004 and it was fun to go back.

Illinois
Level Contributor
293 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Parnassus access to Golden Parnassus?? anyone do it?

Have stayed at both places and each time took advantage of being able to use both resorts. The Golden in smaller but the adult only atmosphere is quite nice in many ways.

There are many nice restaurants in both places but we did venture to the Golden for dinner because we love the romantic atmosphere of Shangri-la. Enjoyed breakfast more at the Golden also.

The pool is much smaller at the Golden. So swim up bar but a lively (usually) bar beside the pool.

It's not that far away from the Great, about 1/2 hour walk or take the free shuttle provided by the hotels. If you decide you like the Great better, just hop back on the shuttle and return. It's about a 5 minute ride.

Chicago
Level Contributor
216 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great Parnassus access to Golden Parnassus?? anyone do it?

HAted the great, Loved the Golden. I is night and day. I went with friends in July with Apple mystery. Got a great deal but not what we were looking for. TONS of kids. The inside of it reminds me of a cruise ship. The saving grace was the adults pool which was great and the Shuttle to the Golden. Please don't get me wrong, my trip was not ruined...I WAS AT THE BEACH! It was just not my cup of tea...or cervaza!!! Going to Adults only in April so I am stoked.

Canada
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Great Parnassus access to Golden Parnassus?? anyone do it?

My boyfriend and I are also going to the Great and saw the opportunity to go to the Golden... yet I was reading some of the reviews and some said that they were bombarded with time share speeches to be able to go to the Golden.. Is this true or is it all included with your package with the Great Parnassus?

Illinois
Level Contributor
293 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great Parnassus access to Golden Parnassus?? anyone do it?

You can freely go between either resort at your leisure. There are not any stipulations on that. As for the time share presentations, those also are available at nearly every hotel. But you don't have to partake in those either. Unless of course you may be interested in hearing the information. You are not required to sit through any of those to use either hotel. Enjoy!

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
105 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great Parnassus access to Golden Parnassus?? anyone do it?

Just my opinion but if you book the Great why don't you stay there. We booked the Golden because its smaller and frendly. The week of 2-16 it s fully booked so we need lots of guest taking up our beach

Lakefield
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Great Parnassus access to Golden Parnassus?? anyone do it?

WIDEHD:

good post, I think you expressed what a lot of Golden guests were thinking.

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
105 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Great Parnassus access to Golden Parnassus?? anyone do it?

thanks Dave and I can spell friendly

Louisiana
Level Contributor
284 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Great Parnassus access to Golden Parnassus?? anyone do it?

Have I missed something? I didn't realize Golden Guests were having a problem with overcrowding. If a guest at the Great wants to take a break from the kids and enjoy a couple hours in an adult atmosphere, what's the big deal? You never know. A Golden guest may want to check out a restaurant at the Great. I think it's a nice perk. I've never stayed at the Parnassus resorts but I have stayed at the Rius and it never seemed to be a problem to share.