We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimsuit question for my women friends....

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Romeo, Michigan
Level Contributor
227 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Swimsuit question for my women friends....

The "shoes" thread got me thinking....

About 5 years ago, I started taking 2 swimsuits with me for a 7 day vacation. Then, I noticed...it seems the custom is you CANNOT wear the same suit 2 days in a row. Then, it seemed that it was every 3 days...

Bottom line, how many swimsuits do you pack for a 7 day vacation? I've been buying a new one each year, so now I'm up to 5 for a 10 day vacation. Am I out of control? Or, am I normal?

Saint Louis, MO
Level Contributor
115 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimsuit question for my women friends....

You are totally normal! I brought 4 for a seven day stay, but only wore three because the forth doesn't look that good. If I could afford it, I would have a different suit for each day! I would bring all five!

NY
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimsuit question for my women friends....

Autumnlovr

Normal?...what is normal...lol. Everyone has their "favorite" bathing suit and thats the one that gets worn the most. I guess if your going to be taking the sun then you will have to pick bathing suits with similar tan lines. You dont want to look like a zebra after 10 days lol.

Again, normal is what you want it to be. I say whatever makes you happy!

Have a great trip!

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
6,558 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimsuit question for my women friends....

3 suits for a 7 day trip...I trade off so by day 4, the suit from day 1 is 100% dry :)

Ky.
Level Contributor
346 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swimsuit question for my women friends....

I don't know about normal but I take 5 or 6 for a 4 night stay. If I go to the spa or to shop and come back I don't want to put a wet suit back on and I never can make up my mind anyway. 17 sleeps.

ohio
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swimsuit question for my women friends....

Funny you bring this up. I just got home from JC Penneys ,who by the way, has a sale on swimsuits. I guess not too many of us ladies in Ohio shopping for swimsuits right now. I picked up 3 swimsuits and a tankini top to match my black bottoms. We pretty much live in them on vacation. So I would say you are perfectly normal.

For 8 days I take 5 swimsuits, 4 coverups ie: little sundresses from Walmart. Maybe I need to throw another suit in there?

Millertyme75
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Swimsuit question for my women friends....

My wife is a swimsuit-a-hiloic she took one for every day last year (12 day trip)..

I thinks it's silly,but at least they don't take up much luggage space..

somewhere
Level Contributor
3,075 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Swimsuit question for my women friends....

I bring two for ten days. One to wear and one to dry. I rinse them out each night and then hang them to dry. At the Royal there is a ceiling fan so I hang it in the main bedroom, not the bathroom. The moving air helps to dry the swimsuit.

The reason I only bring two is because I only have two and have yet to find any others that I actually like. Of course, we don't do any diving or snorkeling. If we did then I would have to search for a one piece. lol

But normal is whatever you want to bring. They don't take up much room in your suitcase really.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Swimsuit question for my women friends....

I too take 1 bikini and tankini top for each day I'm away. I'm going for 14 days this time - luckily they don't take up too much space...... Denny

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
3,253 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Swimsuit question for my women friends....

I always bring three because I don't like wet bathing suits!

Delaware
Level Contributor
553 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Swimsuit question for my women friends....

My wife brings one for each day usually...