We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crown Paradise Club Cancun Spring 2005

Eastbourne England...
Level Contributor
237 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Crown Paradise Club Cancun Spring 2005

I am travelling with my family to this hotel March 2005. First time to Mexico but concerned with the conflicting 1* to 5* reviews. Of particular concern is the mention from many that the beach is no longer there & that there is some construction presently going on. Can anyone verify that there is still a beach & general overview of hotel, I hear it pays to have a fistful of dollar bills ready for speedy bar service!

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crown Paradise Club Cancun Spring 2005

I think you've gotten some misinformation on this resort....the hotel is 3 1/2*, which is average or a little above average for Cancun. There is not a general overflow of people. You will not get bumped if you are taking your family. The only place they could send you would be to the sister hotel and it's an adults only hotel. There is not construction going on at the CPC. They just finished remodeling the kids waterpark. There is a hotel being built next door, but it's been going on for 2 years. We stay on that side of the hotel and have never heard anything. As far as tipping....you will get good service whether you tip or not. If you DO tip, they remember your name and what you like to drink....As far as the beach is concerned, I hear, though not yet confirmed, that the beach is gone due to the hurricane. Look for a post from DaddyO. He should have the scoop. He just got back Sunday and we're all waiting to hear from him. Hope that helps! It really is a very nice resort and the most kid friendly in Cancun.

New Jersey
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Crown Paradise Club Cancun Spring 2005

Here's the scoop on the beach...I just returned from CPC November 8. The beach is greatly diminished but still there. I saw from pictures and the video on the television that the beach was quite a bit larger in the past than it is now however there is still enough room to play and walk on the beach. At high tide the beach is only a few feet so that is why folks aren't setting up camp on the beach for the day. But at low tide you can put a lounger on the beach and not feel like you are going to wash away nor that you are on top of your neighbor. They were rebuilding the steps while we were there as the erosion caused the staircase to not reach the beach any more so they were fixing that by adding more stairs.

I was in Cancun seven years ago and the beach was quite large so it is sad to see what the Hurricanes have done. However, I am not sure where all these reports of the waves hitting the sea wall are coming from, I could have walked on the beach any day and time that I was there on my recent trip.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crown Paradise Club Cancun Spring 2005

Thanks so much for your post. So glad to hear it at least has some beach left. I'll be there in Feb and in March....thought I'd have to go to the sister hotel every day to get my beach fix.

Thanks again.

dwg
Northern Virginia
Level Contributor
357 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Crown Paradise Club Cancun Spring 2005

I thought my last post before departure was gonna be from the office but I thought I would check for DaddyO's comments before bed. Gotta get up in 3 hours for flight. DaddyO, where are you?

I'll report on the beach next week after I return.

Eastbourne England...
Level Contributor
237 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crown Paradise Club Cancun Spring 2005

Thanks Bakay for your recent post, good to hear the beach is still semi intact, I take it from your overview that beach volleyball is no longer on the CPC itinerary!!! How far along the strip realistically do you have to go to achieve those archive beach shots that are still posted on many CPC websites...can you walk it or do you need the wheels?

dwg
Northern Virginia
Level Contributor
357 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Crown Paradise Club Cancun Spring 2005

Just one more comment regarding construction at CPC. I understand they are building a teens club for 12s+ next to the teens disco on the northern side of the hotel, which I think is a great idea (the teens disco is supposedly closed during this construction). It will bring back those families whose kids have outgrown the kids club. Kids club is ideal for 5 to 10 year olds. They say it should be completed in a month or so, although I find that hard to believe from what I saw. The construction is unnoticeable unless you have a room in the old tower facing the north/ocean view. By the way, we did not miss having access to the teens disco since we had many other things to do and our kids are 10 and 12 and like to stick together.

Atlanta, GA
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Crown Paradise Club Cancun Spring 2005

The teen's disco, "Insomnia", was definitely closed when we were there over T'giving. There appears to be a lot of construction in that area (under Trafalgar's).