We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Shores at CPC

Georgia
Level Contributor
380 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Golden Shores at CPC

I've been reading and reading the CPC reviews. Unfortunately, there aren't many for the timeshare section, Golden Shores. Can anyone tell me about it? Do i understandthat the timeshare section is in the newer part, so hopefully the rooms won't be run down like I've read about the hotel. Our paperwork says partial kitchen w/ frig/microwave. Will they stock it like some AI resorts? Can you order room service in the time share section? My paperwork shows maid service for $20, but is it everyday or just once/week?

What else? Any info would be appreciated.

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
735 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden Shores at CPC

we are members of the CPC Club Golden Shores.

do not pay the $20.00 for maid service! they will clean your room still every day. that is just a bogus charge they try to throw in.

tower 2 is the timeshare tower , but i will add they do put alot of other travelers there also non-members.

you will have bigger rooms in tower 2 with a what i would call a small living room with a kitchen table .

if you would like you can click on my name and you will see our pictures.

as far as stocking the rooms , no they do not. I dont know what your membership includes or how many weeks ect....

our room was a 1 bedroom suite with 2 balconys and 2 full bathrooms.

if you have any more questions feel free to email me . hope this helped

oceangirl

chicago il
Level Contributor
512 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden Shores at CPC

Hi we are members.We have stayed in the units above the sushi bar.The 4th floor.They had a wrap around balcony which was !!!The units were older but ok.The kitchen was small we only used the fridge.They do not stock the kit. there are limited utensils.Room service is 24 hrs a day.We have r/s every morning before breakfast .Sunrise coffee ,fruit and breads.At night we order also and sit on the balcony .The 20$ is for the week.We also tip the maid daily they do a great job as the room service people do.The a/i costs are 55.00 for 11 and over 30.00 13 to 17 and 7 to 12 is 15.00 per day.We will request the same condo again There are newer ones in the south tower.The balcony is key for us in the older units.The 1 b/r we have has 2 baths which is key for us (for me) wife & 2 girls gets hectic.The master shower is huge it has a view of the ocean!!I really dont understand all the bad reviews we have never had a problem or complaint. You will like this resort!! have a great trip!!any ?? i will try to answer. 45 more days 4 us !!

Georgia
Level Contributor
380 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden Shores at CPC

Thanks for the info.

Ours is an exchange through RCI - so we're not members of the actual resort. I assume there is some sort of convenience store though nearby so we can buy some sodas and water to keep in the frig. I've heard of some AIs that have actual liquor dispensers in the room. Obviously this must not - but could you order cocktails/drinks from room service to enjoy on the balcony?

This is our first time to Cancun - and first trip out of the country for our boys - ages 8 and 9 by our trip in late June. I hear the beach can be dangerous for kids, so I think we'll plan on taking a couple of day trips to calmer areas.

Oh - the rates quoted above for AI are cheaper than what we were quoted, but maybe that's bc we're exchanging - not owners. I think we were quoted $65 for us and $20 for the kids. Still seems like a decent deal.

Any other info - please share!

Bakersfield...
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden Shores at CPC

We bring our contract which states maid service is included in our maintenance fees. We do not pay it.

We do alwasy tip[ the maids.

Maid service is everyday.

Room service is 24/7 as part of the All inclusive rate. They do not stock your fridge. There are mini bars that they stock in the honeymoon suites (I think)

The timeshare unti is the building on the left if you are looking at the resort from the ocean. It is the newer tower (tower 2)

Are you in a 1 br or a 2 br?

Kelly

Georgia
Level Contributor
380 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golden Shores at CPC

Thanks. We're going 6/27-7/3. It's a 1 bedroom w/ the sleep sofas for the kids. 2 bedroom would be a whole lot nicer - but the timeshare we have (deeded over from parents - free) has pretty poor trade value.

Any other info you have is appreciated!

Bakersfield...
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Golden Shores at CPC

I'm not too sure if the 1 bedroom has 2 doubles or 1 king; but the livingroom area has 2built in sofas that you can make up as beds. My kids have slept on them plenty of times. You will have 2 full bathroms, 2 tvs, 2 balconies, and a small kitchenette area for 4.

AI is not mandatory in the timeshre units, but it is definitely worth the money, and certainly the easiest choice. There is a baby club, kids club, and teen club. Many restaurants, they do go back and forth about whether you need to make reservations or just show up. You can call or email Hilda at Golden Shores to ask her if you want to know in advance.

You are going in hurricane season, so you should expect some periodic rain. When this happens, towels get wet and it's hard to get new dry ones. Bring some and hang over the chairs in your kitchen area to dry (sort of - it's humid there). Also, durign a rainy period everyone flocks to the covered areas. It gets very crowded in there, so brining soemthing to do in the room at those times might be more fun for you as a family. You can hook ip a personal DVD player, if you bring your own cables and player.

There is a microwave over, and a hotplate, as well as an apartment type fridge. There are no ovens, dishwashers or washers/dryers as I've read on other sites. There are what you would expect for a small kitchenette area for 4, 4 plates, 4 boels, etc; a toaster and coffee pot I think, too.

You order your room service breakfast on the door tag by 2am if you want it delivered. Other room service is possible, but a bit on the slow side. It's much faster to just go get your food and bring it back, if you want the food in your room. It comes from the same place.

We ( 2 adults & 3 teens) all like the food, and have traveled to many countries and all inclusive resorts. This one is by far the best for families that we have been too, so thus is why we bought in.

There are many activities in the day time by the family pool, and in teh kids areas too. At night there are venders selling, shows, kids discos, etc. Go to bestday.com if youw ant to pre-book your hotel transferes. They are very dependable and cheaper and faster than a taxi. Also, book your outings in advance too. We went to Xel-Ha last time. I bought tickets over net directly from them and rented a car. It was an easy frive and I saved $250.00 over the resorts excursion price. Plus, we went when we wanted too go!

Ask away if you have any other questions. BTY, the water too is ok to drink, we are at a certified water resort.

Kelly

7. Re: Golden Shores at CPC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 16:18