We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palace "Passport" coupon booklet

NC
Level Contributor
123 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Palace "Passport" coupon booklet

We're planning to book with one of the Palace resorts - probably the Sun Palace. Can anyone tell me anything about the 'Passport' booklet of coupons being offered by Expedia? It says that the value is $400, but it doesn't say if it's 10% off coupons and you'd actually have to spend $4,000 to get $400 value :)

Or maybe it is great and has lots of free stuff? Please let me know - this may change which site we use to make our reservations.

Thanks in advance!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
363 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palace "Passport" coupon booklet

everyone who stays at the palace resorts gets the the passport booklet, it's given out by the resort, not expedia. it entitles you to take free excursions to different places in the area, i.e. snorkeling trips, visit to various ruins etc. check out the palaceresorts.com web site, all included trips are described on the web site. have fun

columbus ohio
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palace "Passport" coupon booklet

There is also a discount coupon for golf/car rental/spa treatments. If you are going to take the free excursions, book early on arrival as some of them only go on certain days and they fill up fast

Riverside...
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Palace "Passport" coupon booklet

As the others have stated everyone gets the booklet so book where you find the cheapest rate. Or book through a member for a better deal with more added perks.

usa
Level Contributor
482 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Palace "Passport" coupon booklet

I was wondering about this also. can we book all our tours the day we arrive?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
363 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palace "Passport" coupon booklet

yes you can make all arrangements at once. for your tours, massages etc. the tours are really good, especially the chichen itza tour, if you've never been. it's an all day tour, with free lunch and great tour guide

usa
Level Contributor
482 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Palace "Passport" coupon booklet

thanks I have already been to chichen itza tour and actully went when you was allowed to climb it!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palace "Passport" coupon booklet

go to www.palaceresorts.com and see for yourself what the palace coupons offer. it's as not much as expeida makes it seem. expedia has nothing to do with it. golf i.e. is 260/person so 50 off is no deal. buying from a member like penny said is great and the fact the tours are included is also a plus. we are going to sun this in april. i just know you are going to love sun!! if you for first, be sure to post pictures!!!!!!

Iowa
Level Contributor
3,380 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palace "Passport" coupon booklet

On a related note, two of the couples we went with in Nov. booked when you were suppose to recieve $200 worth of Spa service. When they checked in nothing was mentioned by the resort or coupons provided. It was a moot point because they weren't going to use them anyway, but make sure you ask and get what your entitled to when booking with Palace resorts.

9. Re: Palace "Passport" coupon booklet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 00:16