We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Blanc Balconies???

Massapequa Park, NY
Level Contributor
344 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Le Blanc Balconies???

I read the posts about Le Blanc, and then called the hotel. I was told that the royal suite rooms have full balconies. It does not seem like that from what I am reading. Could someone please clarify this for me? They said the honeymoon suite has a french balcony, and that the other rooms have a full balcony. Any other information you can pass on about Le Blanc would be great. Thanks

chicago, Il
Level Contributor
275 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Blanc Balconies???

The lack of balconies has been a bit of an issue with this hotel. It seems as those their idea of a balcony was for you to open your slider from your room and voila! I did not stay here but did go to see it - but only from the beach and then went through the lobby area. When viewing the hotel from the beach, the only "real" balconies I saw were those on the very top floor of the hotel. However, I do not know what kind of rooms these are.

Massapequa Park, NY
Level Contributor
344 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Blanc Balconies???

Thank you for the information. Does anyone else have any idea about the balcony issue?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,289 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Blanc Balconies???

According to their own website all Royal Suites have "french balconies" which are not a real balcony as it is probable no more than 12"-18" wide.

That apart it is on the main strip.

If you want a real balcony and a decent room away from the concrete jungle have a look at Excellence Playa Mujeres - they also do rooftop terrace suites where you have a full size balcony on one floor and a deck with pool on the roof - that is class

Illinois
Level Contributor
472 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Le Blanc Balconies???

I was there a week ago and had a French balcony. When I reserved the room via a travel agent, there were 2 options: Royal Honeymoon and Royal Honeymoon Oceanview. I booked and paid for the Oceanview option and was glad I did.

There are actual balconies on the top floor with oceanviews and some balconies on the lagoon side, which also has a view of the road. We didn't try to get a balcony when we checked in so I don't know the price difference. (You may want to check the Le Blanc reviews because I think someone posted there about a corner suite w/balcony being $200 more per night). I did hear a man and his wife talking to someone on the hotel staff about how much they loved sitting on their balcony, and then they asked questions about adding weeks to their time share. That's not much help but maybe an insight into who books those rooms.

Anyway, the view from our room was pretty and we enjoyed hearing the ocean when we had the door open but next time I will select a resort with real balconies. At other resorts I've had a balcony with a spa view or garden view and the oceanview/no balcony doesn't compare favorably.

5. Re: Le Blanc Balconies???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 08:18