We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jungle Tour cancun

newcastle-uk
Level Contributor
141 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Jungle Tour cancun

Hiya Has anyone done the Jungle-Tour in CanCun?

I am really interested in it was wondering if any one could tell me a bit about it please ? xxx

Cancun Passion
Sightseeing Tours, Archaeology Tours
Caribbean Connection
Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours
Olympus Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Best Day
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Boat Tours
newcastle-uk
Level Contributor
141 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jungle Tour cancun

Bump

Medina, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jungle Tour cancun

the jungle tour is a great time. make sure you get the one with the speed boats not the 2 person wave runner. You ride the boat out in the lagoon and then you snorkel for a while and come back. But the speed boat ride is so much fun. you drive your own boat with the group and there are 2 of you per boat. the tour last about 2 hrs.

St. Louis
Level Contributor
121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Jungle Tour cancun

We did the jungle tour a few years ago and I am telling you it beat me up pretty good. I had fun but would never do it again. I am not the fittest person around, not fat, but not into the whole fitness thing and they take you out to snorkel and you jump off your two seater boat that is tied to the other boats with you tour and you swim around for about a half hour snorkeling off the reef. That was cool but getting back on the boat was a task. I didn't have the umph to pull myself back on the boat and this turned into a challenge for my poor husband. The guide was a little guy so not much help from him. Our friends were with us on another boat and he is a big guy so he walked across the other boats and yanked me out of the water. So after that we are driving back across the ocean to the lagoon area and I froze my A** off all the way back.

It is a funny story when we tell people about it though. So if you can pull yourself on a boat out of the water with no leverage then go, you will love it. Otherwise go and stay on the dang boat or you will be telling the same story as me.

Dallas Texas
Level Contributor
290 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jungle Tour cancun

Jungle tour was alot of fun for us until I drove on the waty back! I hit someones wake and the jet ski took a nose dive into the water. Threw us both off and had one hell of a headache after! I was following too close to the jet ski in front of me! Silly me ! Never drove one before but, I insisted!

I think the mini speed boats are better! You depart on the lagoon side and follow in a one single line thru the lagoon to the sea. The lagoon stinks by the way! I mean stinks!! But you forget about that because you are having fun..We did snorkel and its a beautiful area too!! You get a coke and a smile when you are done snorkeling then you head back to the lagoon pier. It does get a little chilly though! You are wet, tired and stinky:) You get the chance to buy a picture they took of you while on the jet ski or mini speed boat.. I think it was $15 or $20.

I would do it again!

The only bad thing is you have to follow the person in front of you! There is no free style or going off on your own! To do that you can rent one on the beach at the resort you are staying in.. Cost more cash though. Most rent by the half hour..

Jrock

nyc
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Jungle Tour cancun

Me and my friends are considering doing this tour but only 2 of us have drivers licenses. Do you need a license to drive the speed boat??

Riverside...
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Jungle Tour cancun

You don't need a license to drive the boats. My teenage sons drove the boats last summer and had a blast.

PA
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jungle Tour cancun

I have a great souvenir from the jungle tour in Cancun. The reef is very shallow where you snorkel, and I scraped my leg on it. This was 14 months ago, I have a lovely scar/raised bump on my leg that never went away. I like to think I have a little piece of Mexico living in my leg:)

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
487 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jungle Tour cancun

we did the jungle tour from cancun last feb. it was amazing, the 2 seater boats were so much fun, i am not the fittest person either but did not have any troubles getting back on the boat unless you count me and my husband laughing our butt's off at one another trying to get on the boat, if it were not for the laughter we could have gotton on no problems... the snorkeling was awesome!!! we will continue to do this excursion everytime we go to cancun now !!!

cherylynn

terre haute, indiana
Level Contributor
2,339 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jungle Tour cancun

hi everyone

my husband and i did the jungle tour in dec 06. we also chose the boats over the wave runners-loved it! but we forgot to bring money! there is a charge to turists to help protect the reef in mexico, so you have to pay it once while you are there. it is only 2 dollars a person and you receive a bracelet that says you paid. you have to buy one if you want to do any watersport in mexico i believe. apple vacations did tell us, but we left our loot at the hotel. we walked 2 miles to the marina and we had to ask them to let us pay them later! (We did). so please bring some. also you will want to tip your guide and buy the nice photos, which they will deliver to your hotel. i would also book through the tour companies in your hotel, because of their reputations. we left our hotel keys in our boat and with one call they took care of it and they brought them to us! those room keys are not cheap to replace. hope this helps,

lauren

allentown
Level Contributor
346 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jungle Tour cancun

Hi - By reading all the comments it sounds like fun. I'm taking all your advise for future reference. My husband & I will try this in may.