We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First non-AI Trip

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
First non-AI Trip

What are some above average restaurants nearest to the Omni?..Would like regional mexican,seafood,italian,and a waterfront view...

Riverside...
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: First non-AI Trip

One of the restaurants we like that is close to the Omni is Laguna Grill. It is right on the lagoon just up from the Omni so you can walk there. Get there early enough for drinks in the lounge next door to watch the sunset then head over for dinner.

Mentioned in this post
Laguna Grill
Laguna Grill
6 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
3,309 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First non-AI Trip

Captains Cove is close across from Royal Mayan. Just jump on the bus and there are plenty of good choices a few minutes away.

Maine
Level Contributor
168 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: First non-AI Trip

Mitachi Restaurant at the Hilton gets high ratings from many. I've never eaten there myself, but it is ON the beach with a wonderful setting.

With the hotel zone buses, all restaurants are actually easy to reach from the Omni.

MA
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First non-AI Trip

If you're going non-AI, I would recommend getting Brant's 2x1 Entertainment Card. There are a couple of seafood places that accept the card just a few bus stops up from the Omni.

See

mexitel.net/entertainment-plus/2x1rest07a.ppt for a map of locations

Texas
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First non-AI Trip

Thanks all,especially PP..I am glad you are still on the forum to offer great advice..I also found Puerto Madero which looks good..Anyone been there?..Is walking to the lagoon safe at night?..We love to walk after a great meal...

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Madero
Puerto Madero
3,742 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
TX1
Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
4,708 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First non-AI Trip

Yes, PP is right - and I assume you can still make reservations to Laguna Grill prior to your departure via their website.

I'm not a big fan of Puerto Madaro - but most other folks are - we probably just caught them on a bad night - I would be willing to try them again.

We've never had trouble walking in that area after dark - but it wasn't too late either.

Have a wonderful trip!

TX1

Mentioned in this post
Laguna Grill
Laguna Grill
6 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
7. Re: First non-AI Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 22:20