We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Back from The Royal Cancun..

New York, New York
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Just Back from The Royal Cancun..

My hubby and I just returned last night from a 9 day/8 night stay at The Royal. It was AMAZING. From the service to the rooms, we were continually blown away about how the staff went out of their way to make our stay exceptional. I'm going to post a full review later today but couldnt wait to get back and report. I am dumbfounded how the last few reviews were so negative because every person we met over the 9 days felt exactly as we did. We are planning on heading back in next year with some friends since we are sure they will love it too :)

Indiana
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Back from The Royal Cancun..

caprigirlie-

It is so nice to hear positive things about the Royal since everything lately has been so negative. I can't wait to read your review. I have to wait until June!!

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
197 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Back from The Royal Cancun..

It always amazes me when people can't wait to get home and Write reviews on how bad a time they had. The Cabanas were only for EXE Rooms & Swimup Suites (that's why they pay the extra Bucks). The food portions were small (just order extra, I've never been refused at any AI). The weather was bad ( who controls this?) The Beach is small (Who does't know this). If you read TA before they went all of the above were talked about in detail. All the people do is drink, drink & drink. (that's a matter of choice). I know when I go to the Royal Cancun or any other Resort I'm going to have a great time. Can't wait We are going in April.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
272 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Back from The Royal Cancun..

Finally a breath of fresh air...thanks!!

Can't wait to read your review Caprigirie

Counting down..1 month..3 weeks..& 2 days LOL

new york
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Back from The Royal Cancun..

CAPRIGIRLIE-Thanks for the comment. I'm a little nervous about this hotel giving all the negative reviews but since reading yours,I feel a little better. My bf and I are leaving april 10 for 6 days,booked an ocean front view. Looking forward to reading your review in detail.

Vermillion, South...
Level Contributor
189 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Back from The Royal Cancun..

caprigirlie

Great to hear you had a great time. I'm looking forward to your review. We leave in two weeks from today!!!

Jules

New York, New York
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just Back from The Royal Cancun..

Hey everyone, yes the total review will be coming shortly. If anyone has any specific questions feel free to fire away. I'll be in and out all day but will be checking nonstop :)

new york
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Just Back from The Royal Cancun..

Caprigirlie- Did you get the suite you selected on-line?

chicago, Il
Level Contributor
275 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just Back from The Royal Cancun..

caprigirlie- So glad you had a great vacation and I am glad that you posted your experience because even though I did not love the Royal - only because we realized we are not all-inclusive fans- you definitely cannot knock the beauty of the hotel, its suites or its wonderful staff. The last review from yorkie, etc., was very annoying and obviously, the person knew nothing of the amenities she was entitled to and did very little research, in general. Marie Antoinette's??????????????????????. It was just a rant and I hope people reading this post take it as such. Oh well. For all of you about to go, if you are all-inclusive fans, you will enjoy your stay very much.

Shawnee, OK
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Just Back from The Royal Cancun..

This is def. what we needed to hear. We were getting really nervous from all the bad reviews. I def. think the last review was a little "uppy" not getting what they thought they deserved. What else is there to do but sit around and drink while you relax on vacation?? If your gonna go do something you wont be there so of course thats all your gonna "see".

Like the poster above i def. am wondering if you got the suite what you reserved online. Glad you had a great time, hopefully next year will be even better.

winnipeg, manitoba
Level Contributor
829 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just Back from The Royal Cancun..

When I read the last review I thought were they at the same resort as us? I did not find the portions small at all especially at Maria Marie I couldn't even finish it. The review seemed to revolve around food. We went for our Anniversary also and the staff made us feel special. The first night we dined at Maria Marie and my husband surprised me with a beautiful ring. The waiter brought me dessert and it said "Happy 25th Anniversary" on it. As far as the cabanas yes some had room numbers on them but some did not. We had a reserved cabana and other people were using it. It was not a problem because we wanted to sit by the pool. I can feel the attitude in this review maybe that is why the staff were (in their opinion) less attentive.