We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for the ladies!

NY
Level Contributor
142 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Question for the ladies!

i was wondering if everyone wears their engagement/wedding band to cancun? OR is it smarter to just leave it behind? makes me nervous to leave it in the room during the day, even if it is in the safe.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for the ladies!

I have 3 rings..an engagement ring, a wedding band and an anniversary ring. I just wore the anniversary ring. I didn't have a need to take it off and have to leave it in the room. Are you worried it might slip off while in the water? Is that why you would leave it in the room?

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,867 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question for the ladies!

I don't wear my good jewelry to Cancun. I bought a "diamonique" ring for under $30 from QVC.com and that's what I wear. I almost lost my diamond wedding band several years ago after applying sunscreen and going into the pool. It slipped right off and I luckily caught it. Since then I've been worried about that. Wearing inexpensive jewelry solves that problem. If I loose it, it's not a big deal.

Cheryl

Dallas Texas
Level Contributor
290 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question for the ladies!

I leave it all at home! Not because I am worried about it being stolen! Its because I don't want to keep up with them and I might lose them myself!

Keeps the stress level down too! If I lost those rings I would be in BIG trouble!

Jrock

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question for the ladies!

Cheryl, I did exactly the same thing. I saw a set that is very similar to my true set. I purchased it 10 years ago and it looks great today. It's 14k emerald cut with baquettes. I actually wear it in the States a lot to b/c I just feel more comfortable with it in certain areas. HSN also carries a line of Victoria Weick that are quite nice.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question for the ladies!

The other ladies have a point. My fingers swell as soon as the plane lands so I don't have to worry about it slipping off..ever! Plus the ring i wear is tighter than my other rings. I wouldn't chance losing it.

NY
Level Contributor
142 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Question for the ladies!

If i brought it w/ me I would leave it in the room during the day because i am afraid of it slipping off being in the water and w/ lotions. I dont want the stress of worrying about it! But it also makes me nervous to leave it in the safe in the room...i think maybe just leave it home right?

Riverside...
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Question for the ladies!

When we first started traveling abroad, hubby did not want me to wear to my engagement ring at all. He felt it was too valuable to lose. I have always worn my wedding band though. I think on the last few trips I have forgotten and taken my engagement ring too. For our upcoming trip I will likely leave both rings at home. I have lost some weight (yippee!) and they are a little loose. With the suntan lotion, sand, and water who knows what might happen. So they will not make our next trip south.

Hiawatha, Kansas
Level Contributor
854 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question for the ladies!

I leave all my jewerly at home I don't want to take a chance of losing anything.

Gravenhurst
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Question for the ladies!

I have always left my rings at home.

I will sometimes take some fun earrings and necklaces, but nothing I would ever want to lose.

Remember your hands will swell in the heat / humidity. Too much chance of taking off and leaving by accident.

Unless your question is for other reasons ?? Then I guess its up to you.

Dallas Texas
Level Contributor
290 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Question for the ladies!

Oh, I forgot about all the swelling that happens from the food the sun the sea and the alcohol!! How could I forget that???? Is a problem!! Sometimes your feet will not fit in your shoes! You might not want to take the toe ring either!!!:)

Jrock