We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Blanc

Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Le Blanc

Getting really excited about my trip and was wondering if those of you that have visited lately can tell me what there favorite cocktail was? I am such a run of the mill red wine drinker and want to ahve some fun with the all inclusive drink idea!

Hey one more question what do they serve the poolside drinks in? We stayed at the Nueva Vallart palace last year and the pool side staff and bartenders were great but the drinks came in smallish sized plastic glasses that cooled off and got warm actually fast. THey were just basic 8- ounce clear plastic.

If it is hte same at Le Blanc I may think abiut bringing my own plastic insulated tumbler. Or is that tacky?

Level Contributor
472 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Blanc

I didn't get very creative with drinks at Le Blanc, but one that was really popular was the Miami Vice (1/2 strawberry dacquiri and 1/2 pina colada). I thought it was ok. I did enjoy the lime daquiris (very simple drink, not creamy like other ones) and Planters Punch. The mojito I had was ok but not as good as I've had elsewhere. I did have a great margarita when my husband asked the bartender to make the best one possible.

Unlike some other resorts I've been to, the bars had full drink menus so you could try something totally new or different. Just close your eyes and point to something and see if you like it! Or ask the bartender what his specialty is and I'm sure you'll get something really good.

As far as the glasses go, they were plastic at poolside but I think larger than 8 oz. I didn't see anyone bring their own tumbler. I think part of the reason was that the waitstaff was really great about bringing new drinks if yours got low or melty.

2. Re: Le Blanc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 07:20
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor