We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moon Palace/Moon Grand with children - questions

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kingston
8 posts
Save Topic
Moon Palace/Moon Grand with children - questions

We are leaving Mar 29 for Moon Palace. My husband and I, with our 2 and 4 year olds, and grandma. We have a Presidential Suite in the Moon Grand area. I did alot of research before booking, thanks to many people on this board, but have a few last questions I'm hoping people can help me with.

I know the resort is 'huge,' which is great because we all love walking and do alot of it at home. (and it lets us eat more on vacation!!) Is it worth bringing a little stroller though? How huge is 'huge'? If we are on the Grand side, how long would it take to walk to the Sunrise side, for example? Are there good paths to walk all the way?

I have seen that there is a kids pool area, a playground,etc. Are there any other things I should know about, that my 2 and 4 year old would like? Is the Wet N Wild worth the trip, or is it too old for my aged kids?

Also, is anyone familiar with the Grand layout? Should I bother trying to request a specific suite?

Any help with the above or any other nuggets of info are greatly appreciated!

Michigan
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moon Palace/Moon Grand with children - questions

I would definately bring a stroller - definately for your two year old. The pathways are paved. It takes about 20 minutes???? to walk from golf villas, maybe longer with little ones. I've read that Wet'n Wild is fun for all ages. There are pictures of the Grand with the reviews but I don't know the room layouts. oh - huge is huge. The resort is extremely spread out. Have fun!

Locust Grove...
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moon Palace/Moon Grand with children - questions

I haven't stayed there since '03 but vs last week because we wanted to see the Grand side. Yes, bring a stoller. Beautiful walk from all 3 sides either through the buildings or along the walk that runs close to the ocean.At a decent walking pace with both kids in stollers, I would estimate 15-20 min from Grand to end of Sunrise.The golf cart shuttle runs all the time from Nizuc to Grand and back. I think with little kids, you would be better off at Sunrise but hopefully, someone who has been there recently will answer.Nice mini golf and playground between Sunrise and Nizuc.Kids club is at Sunrise but maybe one at Nizuc also. Grand isn't done as you have read. Lobby not open and only one restaurant , There were 2 pools but I don't remember seeing a kiddie part on either one, but I wasn't looking for one either.

Belvidere, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moon Palace/Moon Grand with children - questions

Okay I have been hearing about the Grand side for awhile and can't find the info on the website. Is this also the golf villas? Thanks for enlightening me.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
3,257 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moon Palace/Moon Grand with children - questions

Hi

Yes bring strollers.

Grand Moons pools were small.

The kids pool with slides is on the other side of Sunrise, just about as far away from Grand as you could be. But it looks neat and the kids were having alot of fun

Nizuc has a small pool for kids but no slides and would be much closer then Sunrise.

Have fun!

Indiana
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Moon Palace/Moon Grand with children - questions

Yes to the stroller from me too. Went in Nov. 2006 with 3 year old and 6 mos old with onley one stroller, needed two. Traveling to Moon end of April with the now 4 and 23 mos kids and will take two umbrella strollers. Have a great time and post how the kids pool is and any suggestions you have for our family trip with little ones.

Locust Grove...
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Moon Palace/Moon Grand with children - questions

ctribbs: Moon Grand is another whole part of Moon Palace, not associated with the golf villas. It's directly S of Nizuc side.I think they told us it will have 1500 rooms with 300 of them Pres. Suites.I haven't heard how many restaurants.

Kingston
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Moon Palace/Moon Grand with children - questions

Thanks everyone for your help! Re: the Grand Moon, it is a brand new section past the Nuzic side. It was all that was avaialble with Presidential suites for our time period. I will write back when we return with an update. In the meantime, thanks for all the great comments, and love to hear more before we go! Can't wait!

Chicago, IL
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Moon Palace/Moon Grand with children - questions

We just returned yesterday from staying in a presidential suite in the Moon Grand. It is absolutely fabulous. A million times nicer than the regular rooms in the Sunrise side. Definitely bring a stroller (or two!). The pools are smaller at the Grand section, but much nicer and quieter. Be sure to have dinner at the Italian restaurant at the Golf course, it is very nice.

The trip to Isla Mujeres would be fun for your family, although I would skip the shopping portion. The boat will say it is leaving at 12:00pm to go to the shopping area. Definitely, nothing exciting. Just stay at the Palace's Isla Mujeres resort and take a quick cab over to the town and meet the boat at the Hapi pier at 2:30pm to go back to Cancun.

Be sure to have the bellman show you how to work the lights. They are wierdly tricky.

Enjoy every minute.

NJ
Level Contributor
206 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Moon Palace/Moon Grand with children - questions

We plan on spending most of our time on the beach, regardless of seaweed. Is there beach access from the Grand side? The Grand sounds beautiful and perfect for our family, but we don't want to trek too far with little ones. Thanks for any advice!

NJ
Level Contributor
206 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Moon Palace/Moon Grand with children - questions

Jillycakes,

3 days!!!! Can't wait to hear about your trip. Have a great time!