We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August Weather

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Durant, OK
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
August Weather

We are planning on going to Mexico during the month of August. How is the weather during that time of year?

PA
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: August Weather

In my opinion, it is wonderful! My husband on the other hand prefers to go in November or December. It will be VERY HOT! We stayed in Tulum in August and PDC in July. Both times there would be showers that popped up that lasted maybe a few minutes then the sun would be back out and it would be scorching hot! The hotter the better for me. Use LOTS of sunscreen and reapply often.

Durant, OK
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: August Weather

Thanks so much!! We usually go in June but this year will have to be later. I wonder how good the deals if you go later in the year.

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
673 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: August Weather

We are also "thinking" of visiting in August. This will be our first trip to Cancun.

Can anyone reccomend a RCI affiliated Resort within walking distance to town that is NOT a top of the line resort? (they wnat to much money for drinks at the pool!)

I should also mention we have a 7 year old boy.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,834 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: August Weather

jjb73 has it right. Hot and humid! If you're near the ocean you won't notice the heat as much as if you go inland on a tour, etc. And rain in August tends to come and go very quickly. Sometimes there can be torrential downpours that seem to come out of nowhere but last only minutes before it's sunny again.

5. Re: August Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 22:20